Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: The Debriefing Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-26-2013, 01:58 AM)MavericK link Wrote:Radar Love (awesome mission by the way, Lefty)...

*Goes to bed and sobs for hrs*  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Quote: Is it possible for it to spawn inside the reeds?
It did a few times but, using the larger ammo box it could be seen just lol

Quote:Careful, it could end up in a rock or building, there are some shacks in that marsh.
Yeah, not sure how that would play out lol
(10-26-2013, 10:04 AM)ck-claw link Wrote:*Goes to bed and sobs for hrs*  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh jeez I'm sorry!  :-[ Which mission did we play that Lefty made?

Well that just makes you doubly awesome ck!  Smile

EDIT: Oh, he did that convoy mission, right?  They were all good!
Finally finished Valley of Fear, whoo!  I was a bit distracted because the girlfriend kept asking me questions, lol.
What, no one posts here anymore? :p

CURSE YOU CARRIER CORRUPTION!  So close and yet so far.  Misha and I got gunned down by a DshK jeep near the docks after we made it on-foot.  There were still quite a few infantry units around it seems.
Did you blow the gasoline trucks? o_O
If you mean the ones on the dock that destroy the entire thing...yes.  Still didn't kill all of the infantry and UAZs around.
We had very bad visibility. Maybe the visibility is better in summer time (the mission's month is March).
Full debriefing report from my side will be ready as soon as possible... in the meantime please add your comments guys.
Hola,

yeah, the fog kept the machineguns hidden (even with Thermalsight) for us, but the machineguns already pounded us with their lead... but i would give it a try, maybe if we move lower and fast, we can outgun the uaz´s? All other Tactics went quite smooth, we could retrieve the keys and blow the guys on the decks with the chopper. I wasted 2 rockets due to my lack of gunnery sargent in the choppers, we could have taken these for 2 more jeeps aswell, maybe it would have made a slight difference... Now i think, we even could have tried to rearm at the trucks on the ship (didnt come up to my mind yesterday...)?

Socks and Sandals were one hell again, but i think the approach to the town is good, as there would have been some precious svd´s. Maybe my idea to throw the mortars into the houses first made it rather worse, as the guys were really hard to spot inside afterwards.
The Syrian Rebellion Episode 2
Now that was a great mission. The command element didn't move much and still it was great to see both teams move and take the compounds. Too bad that enemy commander decided to storm us in the open with his pistol and didn't force us to look for him, but it was a good experience nonetheless. A great JSRS showcase with distant gunfire.

Comments- I think some messages that were transmitted between the elements somehow didn't get through. We can't do much about it aside from confirm. If we get used to hearing a confirmation after each message we will know something went wrong if no confirmation follows.

Following orders- all players are expected to do exactly as they are told. Even if the order seem senseless, or even if you think it will result in a disaster, follow it. If the situation permits, raise your concern and then follow the given order. It's part of the rules we all agree to when we play on coop nights, and it's essential that our leaders will have no doubt we are doing exactly as they say. This is more important than beating a specific mission.

Standard operating procedures (SOP)- we will release a detailed file for all to follow soon. Look at it as an expansion of the server rules.

Mountain Kings
An awesome FHQ mission we played a week ago. As a small recon team, we had to clear two small enemy strong points along a road that circles Altis awesome mountainous area. We climbed high to recce the objectives and the view was just breath taking. An Ifrit was spotted patrolling the road. We planned our approach on the first stronghold and suddenly bumped into a patrol. It's very rare that I willingly use automatic fire when using an assault rifle, but this time the close range called for it. I think I managed to mow down two of them before the third killed me. Should have naded them. It's Arma 3 after all and nade throwing is instantaneous. I respawned to an AI while Llauma killed the rest of them. We continued our approach, took out the guards quickly after the Ifrit patrol left and arranged a C4 ambush for it. It returned rather quickly and the explosion set it on fire. Text book execution orchestrated by MavericK who lead us.
The second strongpoint was easier since we took over an MG vehicle. Great mission experience.
Hope this is the correct place to post this? Maybe should've gone in the Debriefing Thread?
But last night was chaos!! What happened to 'channel commander' from TS2?? - where only channel commanders could hear channel commander?
Missions where we are swapped channels. but we still hear team leaders on whisper!
Eg:- Variable.Alwarren(don't you dare say it was Varanon Wink lol ) and Kenwort were leading teams on TS.
My squad (Bravo)are awaiting any orders that may come from Kenwort but if there are none the our team is calling out contacts etc but also hearing Variable and Alwarren.
Someone in our squad did ask " can you all hear the whispers"??
We then hear Variable give orders to the other team leaders-for our  team leader to repeat,- it's like we already know,we just heard it!!

I'm sure TS2 we didnt even hear 'our' channel commander talk if he was whispering to command. and if he was talking orders from 'command' then he would just say 'command' and everyone would know to shut the fook up!!
I'm pretty sure it's always been like this as I don't think Teamspeak knows who's the team leader in each channel, so it can't make only them hear the whispers can it? Even if it did, what would happen if the leader gets killed, the rest of the team would have no way to communicate with the other teams.

I actually think it's helpful to be honest, as if we hear the other team leaders call in "Bravo, this is Alpha", the team members (should) know to stop talking (unless they need to communicate an immediate threat, in which case they should be able to call "Break" to override everyone), otherwise we're talking over them making it hard for our team leaders to receive orders. If the team leader has to say "command" and wait for people to stop talking, then he's going to end up having to ask the other person to repeat what he was saying which wastes time.

I don't see any harm in the team members hearing the orders either as it allows them to get an idea of what's being planned, so they can get ready, check the map, etc, which can avoid the team leader having to waste time briefing them when we might need to get a move on and just give a quick brief in case anyone wasn't listening to the whispers.
ck, doveman is correct. We chose this comms architecture to achieve two goals. The first - let the team members know that their team leader is communicating with command or with other elements so they will keep quiet and let him listen and speak without disturbing him. The second reason was to let everybody know of the plan and the current status without the leader having to repeat everything transmitted to him and turning him into a relay station rather than a leader.
Most of the times, when command issues orders to the team, everybody hear it and the team leader can only say "you heard the man, let's go". No need to repeat stuff, but if the leader did repeat it, I'd like to think he had good reason to.

No comm system is without flaws, look at the current as the lesser evil. What I CAN determine is that using the "silent whisper mechanism" where leaders talk on a separate net without subordinates knowledge is a very bad solution to multi-team management, and I speak from experience. As a team leader you just end up with repeating everything, and screaming on your guys "SHUT UP! I'M TRYING TO SPEAK WITH COMMAND". And as doveman said, when the leader dies someone has to alt-tab and define himself as channel commander to register on the command net. Very cumbersome, very error prone and very non-operational. Doveman, just to explain ck, TS supports whisper Tx/Rx between all who define themselves as "channel commanders".

Regarding the comms on the Syrian Rebellion mission, I agree that this particular mission illuminated the flaws of the "all hear" comm system we use. The command element was acting also as spotters and that alone generated a lot of traffic. Add to that having to deal with insubordination, and we had a medium sized comm clusterfuck. I'll try to take that into account next time and try to limit using the comms when leading multiple teams.
Yeah i see what you mean Variable, now i come to think of it-your right it was just that mission mainly.
Other times seem to run well, i just thought that mission did high-light my point  Smile
In regards to communication...these issues might be resolved by using ACRE.  But then you can potentially open up a whole new can of worms...
Unpacked and checked "scratch pad". The condition for the AA task was the trailer, two ZU-23 AA guns and the first truck at the FARP site, and the additional truck at the SAM site. So the mission seems to be broken, because we destroyed all of this. What might have caused it is that the stuff was actually "attachTo"'ed to the trucks, and might not have received enough damage to count.

Anyway, loved the mission Smile