Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: The Debriefing Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
^ good point on CoC.

When someone says clearly "This is X. I am taking command", it tells that "ok, new voice to follow".  For example I am new player with you, I do not recognize voices, and am still getting used to CiA play style/difficulty/mods/situational awareness issues, so clear announcement on a channel helps new man like me immensely.

"Guys, our leader is KIA"
"Ok. Listen up. This is X. I am taking command".

First part, announcing leader KIA as soon as you know it, is also important. Team might be scattered, no visual to leader, etc. Sooner you know the boss is down, the better.

Even if new-battlefield-comissioned-leader does not have perfect situational awareness or perfect commands, it returns coordination to team. Team now works as team again, not individuals. If I understood this correct, taking over isn't enforced in CiA (i.e player number 2 automatically takes over, etc), but a player who has most situational awareness takes command. Again, I realize most of you have played together for years, many reflexes/reactions are instinctive, but clear commands helps new fighters a lot. As a side note, anyone who has done any military service, remembers that chain-of-command is one of first things taught and for a reason.

I thought that in CSI, it worked quite well after all. When first leader went down, Etzu (I think) took command, and then SPhoenix(?) took over, and mission continued. From grunts perspective, all leaders did good job and orders were clear/simple to follow.
Indeed, I asked Etzu to take over given my constraints and his leadership abilities. He went down shortly after, which is when I announced it... then nothing. I took over after that.
Before I forget...

Yellowcake:

I likely gave disinformation about the vehicle in the debriefing/debug discussion. I declared the vehicle of doom as Mora, but when I checked the vehicles in the editor, it probably was Gorgon after all. I thought I saw tracks, but the turret was definetely like Gorgons and now that I think it, the vehicle which we encountered in previous attempt was likely Gorgon as well.  My bad, night was dark and full of errors. 
(08-05-2015, 05:44 PM)Stagwine link Wrote:My bad, night was dark and full of errors.

Haha I like that, I might use that again in the future!
CO 16 Otl7 CSI Blufor

I haven't lead in a while but I attempted again since CSI is one of those easier to lead mission since its a nice warmup mission. Sorry if I didn't seem to respond to long range. I activate it and short range will hear me instead so I have to hit it multiple times. I got a nice recording of Alwarren after the rest of team Bravo die some time later after my death.

CO 16 Steel to Riders

It seems that people were locked out of their tanks since you can't board a tank of a hostile since too many friendly AI got killed by the tanks so whoever were in the tanks got negative scores. Sorry it took longer than it should. I watched my replay recordings that I took and it seems like about after 20 minutes its pretty much quiet. I'll add a 20 minute auto complete for Task 1 on the next update. Sorry I took a bit long to get to the tank that blew up. My mom went in my room for some money change then my aunt went in my room to drop off my mail (looks like a bunch of papers were for me today <internet bills and such>).

I assumed Gwyn was killed earlier by the Shilka.

Good thing you guys didn't walk up into the tent to clear it close quarter Tongue . Those were suicide bombers in the tent. If you walk up close, the last words you will hear is "Allahu Akbar" and that'll be the end. I liked how the snipers react for this mission. They shoot accurately as snipers should, but once they were pinned down with suppressive fire, we got the chance to take them.

CO 12 FHQ All Saints

The first part for Bravo went pretty smoothly. We ambushed all the guys at the soccer field. Once we got into the town though, a GMG strider snuck up on us up close and practically took us all out. Another problem was we had to wait for a long time since someone joined late and couldn't find us. (Didn't know how to work teleport that time with FHQ Debug yet but I should now that I know how to find the names of playableunits). That beginning would make a nice video too.
(08-07-2015, 12:52 AM)Phantom link Wrote:I assumed Gwyn was killed earlier by the Shilka.
Your
Your mission hates me, I'm sure of it :p

Last time I played it, I got killed by the fire of t72, that I took out a minute earlier. This time as I was watching the west entrance, friendly abrams rolls in through the base wall, and takes position between me and the entrance, seconds later shilka arrives and lights up the abrams, and as it was firing, couple of rounds overshoot and take me out.
All saints

Just before we got hit by the GMG all of Bravo got stuck in a 5 minute looting spree. Also we completely forgot to set up some kind of perimiter.
I think we have to, move a bit faster next time to avoid any ambushes like that.
(08-07-2015, 09:22 PM)Evans link Wrote:All saints

Just before we got hit by the GMG all of Bravo got stuck in a 5 minute looting spree. Also we completely forgot to set up some kind of perimiter.
I think we have to, move a bit faster next time to avoid any ambushes like that.

Ah, that's what was going on. We saw bravo crossing a street not far from alpha, but after some minutes we saw single players scattering all over the place, looking suspiciously at us (I think not all of bravo identified our location as friendly there). That bit took quite a bit too long indeed.
Evans/Phantoms notes were quite accurate. We waited too long for first JIPer to catch with us, and then with gear/loot management and got surprised by Strider. It was leaders, aka my fault, no excuse. 

Steel to riders

Yeah, blue-on-blue locked some of us out of tanks. It crossed my mind too late than server admins {_x addRating 10000} forEach playableUnits; couple of times (if console is enabled) might have worked as hotfix.  I liked the mission a lot and am curious to try again with new changes.
Oil Leak

Looks like that's the furthest you guys got to oil leak Big Grin . Almost beat the mission. The death was so nostalgic, it reminds me of that ending for Wild Riders for Arma 2 (but then Oil Leak was a homage to that).

About stingers, if you shoot at a chopper from straight, you won't hit it. I think while it goes away and you fire towards it back, you'll hit it (while Strela shoot the front or the other way around).

If I remember from what you told me on how you guys beat Wild Riders back in Arma 2, wasn't it was metalcraze who shot the chopper with a stinger that time? Maybe if it didn't see us while we hid, we can probably take down the chopper?

Those autocannon Bradleys are next though.
CO@10_Lost_Pilot

I'm glad  I took the pilot slot. It was very spooky in the beginning when I came upon what it seemed like ghost town. Of course, the fact that mission depended on my survival was the scary factor, so I played safe, evading enemies in the beginning and only engaging when I had the upper hand. And finally when I shot one I came and in panic forgot to pick up the compass and the map beside the radio. And later I ran away and was hiding in a warehouse and in the house after that, thinking all the time that some APC is on me where it turned out, it was only a truck. But such was the paranoia when playing this role in the mission.

In the end me and my extraction team got killed by rpg from almost point blank range, , but never mind, this mission must be played till all of us try the pilot slot!

zmcm_specter.altis

We've beaten it. It was nice, short and to the point, perfect for late coop hours. Some buggs noted in the resort building (invisible walls).

zmcm_checkpoint.altis

I remember this mission was buggy first time we played it but I picked it again because previous mission was by the same guy. Well, now it worked except that it was throwing some messages, probably meant for debugging. If you remember it was the mission where you check the vehicles at the checkpoint, looking for weapons. Well, it was actually good, if you ignore the AI driving through the checkpoints.

The Crazies

Two player only mission, but very nice atmosphere if you're into horror, mystery and similar stuff. Yeah, it spoils sometimes things about to happen, but it takes good care about narrative. This mission has the second part, I am posting the link to it so that I don't forget to upload it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=340928267
Cool another 2 player mission, I'll add to my list I made.
Pulsate Ion Conspiracies EP1
- Besides getting murder by my missions, I think one thing we did wrong (and it'd probably still go wrong if I reduce the enemies) is that we sat around a bit too long after Variable died. We were pretty much sitting ducks in the woods and taking attack from both the compound (with a blob of I don't know how many guys, but that was not my intention <I imagine a nice juicy OG7 or TBG7 landing on them while spectating though, it would kill them all> I guess the sentries I meant to stay put in some areas didn't stay put and left their post). The red line we went by went between the barn and the compound. If we attacked south, I'd probably strike more on the eastern side after heading more south away from the barn (but then I wouldn't have attacked south first to start with and preferred north), but its interesting to see a different route picked by different people Smile .

Olsha Wolves
- I really love the atmosphere in this one. The Chernarus snow with the gloomy and stormy weather, very atmospheric. I don't see the point in getting rid of the LR radios though. It caused trouble if anything. Sorry about friendly firing some of Alpha, it seems like I don't know whether you guys or the enemy are grenading us so I retaliated by firing back.

Snackbar Interrogation
- Those javelins did some good work to the Shilkas Smile we didn't get shred to bits this time. I don't know how Alpha and Bravo went but it seems like you guys were taking some hard blows in your defense sector. Charlie just decided to leave the base and go a bit southeast of the area instead. We didn't take much shots from our position and we can see down the road and fire missiles. The new area we were assigned to south of the heli landpads was bad and too open. Just an FYI, they only came from the north though I never intended to mention which direction anyways. I don't know why medkits disappear for some medics, I use RHS default loadouts and the latest psycho revive. Some of the trucks have extra medkits. (By the way, I guess when people are wounded they don't see task updates. Alwarren what was the side option for all people to get task regardless of what side? Was it {true}?).

I wonder how'd the mission would end up if we didn't pay attention to "escape" and keep sitting there defending Smile ... while 24 armor vehicles approach us.
My Coop Night:

19:40 Started PWS to see if there were any updates since yesterday. It seems it didn't update anything, so I had about 500MB of updates.
19:55 Download finished, I had good hopes I would be ready in time
20:20 Te progress bar goes to 100% and back to 95% over and over again
20:45 I decide to kill the update and try again. PWS won't start.
20:47 Reboot PC
20:50 PWS won't start, In the end reinstalled PWS
21:15 PWS running again. Same problem as at 20:20
21:30 Got angry and removed (Oh, the uninstaller crashed too) all PWS crap, removed the sync folders and Installed Arma3Sync
21:45 Familiarized myself with Arma3Sync and got it updating, ETA 45 min.
22:39 Updates finished.
22:40 Girlfriend comes home
22:41 End of Coop night.