Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: The Debriefing Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-26-2015, 10:26 AM)Variable link Wrote:Versus campaign, Episode 17 - Operation Excitandi Infernos

Oh my I can't believe that ATGM BMD took us out in the end. A price for my feeling of confidence at the end of the mission... Up until then, great job everybody. The BMD crews were very effective and our tactic to attack from east to west proved to be the right one for this mission (almost forgot to take out the northern Shilka SPAAG before we rode east). If you find it hard to listen to comms over the vehicle engines, alt-tab and use windows mixer (left-click your speaker icon) to temporarily lower the game sound and up Teamspeak.

Versus campaign, Episode 17 - Operation Excitandi Infernos

I agree with Variable. The attack from east to west is good. The key to success in my opinion is prioritising the distruction of Air Vehicles. The jet and hinds are very dangerous. Once the Aerial vehicles were gone, we were ok.

The first time my APC got shot by something, the only thing around me was a BTR in the water? and not sure if that's an amphibian vehicle or what happened.

Some improvements I would do.
-Call Songbird/Sulphur once we have control of East/West Hangars since one of the birds got shot down whilst trying to land in the south by an enemy BTR.

-Once West Barracks are captured, move back east and try to cross in the middle using the construction for cover and going behind it. Should be easy to shoot the Tank that shot us from the middle.

Maybe a route like
[Image: 3pziXtk.png]

-Likely atleast 2-3?? BTRs near the northen position.
Good ideas Den, looks like we have a leader for the next attempt on this mission Wink
How should we deal with the Air threat? The only thing that is capable is our BMDs. We should find a place that has some protection we can quickly drive into and set an ambush for the SU-25 there. I wonder if the SU-25 took off from the airport itself... I guess it didn't because story wise, we destroyed them and killed their pilots on the previous mission. However, if it does take off from the airport we are attacking, we can come up with a plan to take it out before.
(05-28-2015, 11:49 AM)Variable link Wrote:Good ideas Den, looks like we have a leader for the next attempt on this mission Wink
How should we deal with the Air threat? The only thing that is capable is our BMDs. We should find a place that has some protection we can quickly drive into and set an ambush for the SU-25 there. I wonder if the SU-25 took off from the airport itself... I guess it didn't because story wise, we destroyed them and killed their pilots on the previous mission. However, if it does take off from the airport we are attacking, we can come up with a plan to take it out before.

Well the BMDs are the only thing capable of taking out the AA however hinds were hovering previously so they were not a big deal this time but jet does slow strafe runs and we should wait until that happends, obviously we will be underfire but yes, we need a place that has some protection.

VS Hinds, and BTRs, the Normal machine cannon is great and same with the Jet. They go easy if we manage to get some rounds on them.

Ideally we could try to look for it before it takes off which first, but I'm unsure if we can manage that unless we send 1 BMD to scout ahead towards the Eastern Hangars and 1 BMD to stay near the northern Shilka together with infantry in support.

I am unsure where it takes off from, I'm not sure if it spawns flying but I would bet on that it starts near the hangars and not flying. Just a guess. *Maybe there were more pilots alive in the story*

I might be better as a BMD gunner than a leader. Wink
PMCVORI-17: Excitandi Infernos - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=396253724 Leave a comment since we forgot that.

Great mission that we finally managed to complete after multiple tries. The attack from the east worked. We managed to capture everything with everyone still alive surprisingly. Great leading from Variable and good job to everyone else too.

The hinds were not an issue since they didn't see us and god knows what happened to the Jet but I think it likely engaged Songbird/Sulphur and didn't return.

Sorry to the RED Team BMD as you guys didn't have as many targets Sad .

PMCVORI-18: Rati In Cuna

Unfortunately we failed this because it appears we didn't reach the point quick enough. We started at 23:40 and i guess it hit midnight. After re-reading the beliefing again:

"According to the cpta belief, the rabbit god Caerbannog will be reborn at midnight if enough voices of his followers are heard. Some nato troops have been heard to speculate that the broadcast is not meant to jam the NATO channels but to summon something from the woods"

It appears that 'the rabbit god' or what name he had over the Comms, or simply CTPA troops attacked Berizniki causing the 'Nato Lieutenant' to commit suicide or something along those lines from memory.

I think speed will be key to doing this mission. The guys with the Glocks were not much of a threat once they were spotted.
co14_spx_extreme_measures
At the beginning of the mission we were instructed to take out the mortars to our west so they wouldn't  harass us during the rest of the mission. After a few  hundred meters we encountered the first enemys and after eliminating them we moved a bit further away from the road leading up to the mortars running almost immediately into another group of enemys after we switched to the other side of the road. when these were finished we spotted another group of enemys this time facing away from us so we closed some of the distance and  took them out using the opportunity to grab some more heavy weapons, at this time a dying member of alfa reached out for us telling us that alfa was completly destroyed and we were on our own. having rearmed we moved on towards the mortar position encountering two more single enemys on the way.  on the ridgeline before the mortar position we lined up and tried to get a view of the camp. from here we weren't able to see the camp but another enemy to our rear which one of our snipers took out. we moved down a bit and more to the west andmoved over the ridge in a line again, this time being able to see the camp and started to set up for opening fire on them when outlawz spotted one enemy close moving towards us because of whom we sped up and opened fire. the enemys in the camp were quickly killed but one enemy came very close from the east and injured some of us before he was shot. after treating our wounded I left our snipers and maschinegunners on the ridge and went into the camp with the rest to clear it. when we had checked everything for enemys we regrouped and used the enemys mortar to lob some rounds at the WMD outpost, the QRF outpost and the AAA positions. we then topped off on enemy ammo and guns and stole a truck and a Ifrit.

some way down the streat we found an Ifrit abandoned by its crew when we were spotted earlier and took that one too abandoning the truck. having two armored vehicles outlawz advised we just go full speed to our next waypoint close to the WMD outpost to lower the RPG thread  which we did, running over an enemy patrol on the way.

from our waypointwe were able to see the QRF base was destroyed and we tried to sneak up on the enemy  WMD camp, because we were runnign out of time (and because alfa was waiting for us to finish)  we decided to engage a patrol we spotted which gained us the attention of an enemy sniper who which forced a great part of the team to take cover while alias and outlawz took him out.  while the MG's and the snipers stayed on the high ground etzu valahalian and me went clearing the outpost enabling outlawz to move up on the ridgeline and rpg the trucks we then retreated to wour vehicles killing the last remaining mg on the opposite site of the camp. we then went arroudn a mountain towards the closest AAA position leaving the farthes be to save some time. we left a maschinegun and a RPG to watch the base and went to kill the AAA . After quite some RPGs and some firefights we killed it and I gave Alias the command to destroy the marid in fromt of the base with his RPG. we then went down the  hill towards the base having noted the position of a helicopter in de military base we decided to go arround the civ airport as not to be sold to CSAT by the civilians. when we came close to the chopper we popped smokes to disguise our approach, boarded it and flew low towards the south to prevent us from getting shot by the second AAA and then flew west towards safety.
the next time I would probably take the working mortars with us in the vehicle as a little heavy ordonance can never hurt (well.. us at least)
co@14_foehammerIt's been way to long since I last succesfully landed an undamaged chopper... I even landed inside the northern and the southern castle perimeter before

After inserting Alfa I pulled back to Gvodzno and listened to the radio traffic readying myself when Alfa and Delta had regrouped and flew in to land inside the northern castle perimeter when called.  during my finla descent I seem to have hit the wall with my tailrotor and my engine(s) died (atroq was still white) which rendered the chopper unusable. I then joined Alfa moving with them to the south of the castle from where we went towards gvodzno while the apache covered our retreat. In Gvodzno we found a usuable truck next to a bonfire wich we used to drive back to the base.
is it still won even though we left my blackhawk now ?  :-[
(06-01-2015, 08:06 AM)UnNamedGER link Wrote:co@14_foehammer
is it still won even though we left my blackhawk now ?  :-[

I really feel we should complete it with both choppers getting back to base. After so many tries it's the only thing that will bring closure. For me any ways
(06-01-2015, 10:23 AM)McGregor link Wrote:I really feel we should complete it with both choppers getting back to base. After so many tries it's the only thing that will bring closure. For me any ways

Yeah, it doesn't seem right leaving the enemy another Blackhawk after destroying the one that was there already Wink
Exactly! Back to square one  :o
(06-01-2015, 11:39 AM)doveman link Wrote:Yeah, it doesn't seem right leaving the enemy another Blackhawk after destroying the one that was there already Wink
Ah damn it, should have killed the other Blackhawk with a Hellfire then. It didn't come to my mind that it was left there.
I was terribly unlucky on Sunday's session. I got killed at the start of a day's work (the Utes mission) which was long. Modders, is there anyway to beef up the armor levels of helicopters? They are extremely frail in Arma, and should take quite a beating in real life before they go down. I'll open a separate topic for that discussion.

McGregor, perfect flying on Foehammer, we really nailed them. I'm totally for retrying this mission until we get all choppers back.

Prince of Persia Episode 3
That was one hell of an awesome mission. Easily one of the best I played in Arma 3. I don't want to spoil it to anyone so I just say - go play it. It's only for 7 players so get together and play it. It's part of a campaign and it's better if you played the earlier episodes but just make sure to play it. It's thrilling, challenging and intense. The production level is high, with voice acting and cool egg-easters. It rolls the players from objective to objective as pressure is climbing, it's just awesome from start to end.
Etzu, in the name of us all, sorry for "suggesting" stuff too much. I think we exaggerated a bit.

Lesson learned - never board another vehicle if your previous one just got blown up by an enemy APC...
ACR: Glade Sweep - (co10)

Managed to complete the mission along side alwarren by scavenging some titans and finding AA on top of the hill. Sadly we walked right into its path and behemoth? and outlawz died and I managed to revive alwarren.

Prince of Persia IV

I played as the major. Idiotically I went NW at the beginning in the correct direction and got close to the old outpost. No-one was there so I assumed it was wrong place and went back south to the southern unfinished buildings in the 'red area' since I saw vehicles were constantly destroyed and assumed you guys were close, I even got to the castle gate. At the time I didn't have a map so I had no idea it was forbidden area but I managed to get back close to the starting area. I decided that I would make noise and get attention so I managed to track and get close to one of the US Soldiers and shot him with my SMG. Took his gear and then I went to the office building close to the start. There I popped a chemlight and smoke (Hoping sniper team doesn't mistake me and pop my brains out by using an MX) and caught the attention of 3 more soldiers who luckily I managed to kill. I stood there for a good few minutes hoping I caught someone's attention and as soon as I was leaving, Outlaws' team arrived on time and I joined up with them.

The route I went + additional briefing I had which I didn't mention in-game.

[Image: uVWJetZ.jpg]
[Image: rveFDSg.jpg]
[Image: cVyuW6S.jpg]

... I don't know how to read the stars so that went out of the window.  :-[  As it said in the briefing big church so I thought the one in centre of Kavala and not Aggeloniri.  :Smile  My mistake I guess.
Smile Nice touch for star navigation, that's why we had clear sky at the begining i presume. The thing is i think the moon was too bright to actually see the stars, i didn't pay attentin to this but i don't remember the stars.
(06-02-2015, 11:24 AM)Variable link Wrote:I was terribly unlucky on Sunday's session. I got killed at the start of a day's work (the Utes mission) which was long.
This is just an idea but maybe your death and future similar ones could have been avoided if the leader sends a scout forward first to recon the area you will pass through, so the point man won't get caught with his guard down. At least i think this is a plausible tactic.

Well if i have anything to contribute to debriefing, i guess i could call it a day where i had to et used to many things for the first time.. :-[

(06-06-2015, 11:31 AM)Watchmen link Wrote:This is just an idea but maybe your death and future similar ones could have been avoided if the leader sends a scout forward first to recon the area you will pass through, so the point man won't get caught with his guard down. At least i think this is a plausible tactic.
Might be, it's just not my style. It goes against my education...