Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: The Debriefing Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
nice games we had last night, even i was more dead than alive Smile.
Good leading everyone, i was actually surprised to win some pretty difficult missions, i know we good players but AI can be challenging now-days either friendly or hostile.

Good to be back in business Smile Looking forward for the next round.
fun night yestarday; managed to stay awake and enjoy it  ;;; i always get hyped on Thursday and Sunday but my fuel end just before the event starts, so i run on fumes most of the times Smile
ow freeman, quit your job and rest better for ARMA nights Smile
hehe; but i must confess that on sundays i just manage my time badly by playing other games, or surfing webs ,so the problems are the same as thursdays :p
Northern Lights

Top notch leadership by a fiendishly handsome dude. We got through without losing anyone (except to the dreaded surrender key), although things got pretty heated at times. Good overall feel to the mission, everything worked out, mostly even as planned.

Lost Squad

Finally an island I don't know by heart, hehe. Good execution all round, not much to say, really... Getting on top of the mountain was a good idea, we could defend the hilltop and make ourselves more visible to the choppers. It made it a bit more difficult for freeman who couldn't land, but it worked. Too bad we lost two helos in the process...

Finder's Keepers

Sorry about the messup with the mission. The first part went well, though.

Fuel Effects

Geez, we were slaughtered. Nothing much that could have been done about it, I think that we were all killed with AI bug bullets.

Shades

Nice atmosphere. I just love proving grounds, it's got such an eerie feel to it, and the low clouds, rain and fog just adds to that... Shades indeed.

Good leadership by Variable, although it took that fiendishly handsome dude again to finish the mission after Variable was killed  ;D

Op Landmarker

Yet another "Operation"... sigh... Good leadership by both the crash prone Outlawz (hope you can fix your machine) and Variable and later Misha. Too bad the truck swerved to the side when my missile was on it's way to the enemy APC... it literally caught the bullet of the APC...

The revive script is total bollocks, though.. six different steps to bring someone up again... not even ACE was that convoluted. And blood transfusions in the field... right...

Overall, enjoyable games last night. Thanks to all involved
Northern Lights-
Sorry about the surrender - I felt like quite a dick! For some reason I pressed the two keys that would make me surrender. Won't happen again.
Lefty
Just wanted to pop in and say that this thread is a great read. Since you guys don't record videos of the missions it's awesome to read how you did. Keep it up!

(01-30-2015, 03:30 PM)Varanon link Wrote:Yet another "Operation"... sigh...

What do you mean?

(01-30-2015, 06:18 PM)Fuiba link Wrote:What do you mean?
For a long time in Arma 3's Alpha phase,  literally hundreds of missions were called  'Operation somrthing'. Even had (no kidding) Operation Op once
Haha was the mission good at least?
(01-30-2015, 07:42 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:For a long time in Arma 3's Alpha phase,  literally hundreds of missions were called  'Operation somrthing'. Even had (no kidding) Operation Op once

Perhaps that one was subtle criticism Wink
Northern Lights

Always nice to have a successful mission to start with and loved the winter island. Thanks for the compliment Varanon, I didn't think my leadership of Bravo was that good, nor that I was so handsome but I'll take it Wink

Definitely kept us on our toes this one, every time we thought it was safe to move on we'd start taking fire from one, often two, directions but we managed to deal with them without too much trouble.  Shame about the disappearing magazines but we managed to find enough ammo to keep us going thankfully. Thanks for doing such a good job Bravo, you made leading quite easy Smile

That Shilka at the end had Bravo completely pinned down but we worked as bait whilst Alpha took it down in yet another satisfying boom. I think I saw the rotor fly off one of the downed choppers earlier in the mission as well, which looked cool. Was that you Variable, I know you like destroying them on the ground?  ;D

Lost Squad

Nice defend and rescue mission. Luckily we started near a handy mountain, so we didn't have to walk very far, which was a nice contrast to the previous mission which involved a lot of walking. Was hard to keep track of the enemies as they advanced sometimes, as they'd go behind ridges as they got closer but they never really got that close before we got picked up anyway. Not sure if the chopper pilots could see our lasers but if so, maybe in future we could use them to help identify the biggest threats for them to take out.

Finder's Keepers

I'm afraid I didn't lead the engineer's team very well on this one. I should have had the charges and IED spread out a bit more, so that the vehicles that escaped the first explosion could have been blown up further down the road but we managed to disable them anyway (just two trucks of infantry I think) and the infantry disembarked. We should have disengaged and gone to find the other teams then, as the infantry wouldn't have been able to get to the APC we were meant to go and fix without any transport but we kinda got caught up in a firefight and I wasn't thinking clearly. Sorry guys.

Fuel Effects

Nice drive but once we got ambushed it was all over pretty quickly. I guess Zeus is the nice god and when he disconnects, the nasty one takes over and sends masses of AI to ambush us in the woods Wink

Shades

There was certainly a lot going on in this one but I don't think I saw a single enemy to shoot at throughout. I thought I spotted a couple skylining but they turned out to be Alpha (no, I didn't shoot at you!). It was almost like there was some invisible-AI script running, or maybe something's up with my settings but it's quite frustrating to have loads of bullets flying at you and no idea where to shoot back. I had a fairly decent scope as well!
Northern Lights
Oh how much I love blowing up stuff... That was a great mission. Good job everyone.

(01-30-2015, 11:19 PM)doveman link Wrote:I think I saw the rotor fly off one of the downed choppers earlier in the mission as well, which looked cool. Was that you Variable, I know you like destroying them on the ground?  ;D
No, I only shot the BTR, the artillery and both of the Shilkas.

I want to stress out one point that repeated itself several times over the past month under different leaders. If you are threatened, shoot, even if that means revealing yourself. If you are threatened, shoot, even if that means firing on an unaware enemy. That goes to leaders but also for individual soldiers. We die more because someone is waiting for permission to fire than someone shoots prematurely. I trust the people that play on coop nights to use their judgement on cases like this. For example, if there's an enemy vehicle that is approaching your position and there's a good chance that it will spot you, take it out before it detects you, even if there's a chance that it will not notice you. The threat in such a case is too big for us to take the chance.

If you watch Gwyn's video starting from 0:59, you'll see that Bravo team is proned right on the road, and an enemy BTR is patrolling on it. The risk of being detected is too high in this case, the enemy should have been taken out at the point that it was clear that it's going to pass dangerously close to the team. In this case, I was on the other side of the road with Alpha, it took me some time to realize what's about to happen and I took the shot immediately when I saw that the BTR has turned off its lights (indication for its AI crew switching to combat mode, which means they have detected Alpha). If Alpha wasn't in a firing position, Bravo could have been wiped out.

Lost Squad
That was cool flying the Blackfoot, great job Unnamed for gunning it. I think I managed to finally have a correct setup for my thrust control.

(01-30-2015, 03:30 PM)Varanon link Wrote:Too bad we lost two helos in the process...
Did Yakir crash as well? I didn't catch that. What happened? I crashed because I had a momentary red chain while I had my nose down to pick up speed...
(01-30-2015, 11:19 PM)doveman link Wrote:Not sure if the chopper pilots could see our lasers but if so, maybe in future we could use them to help identify the biggest threats for them to take out.
We saw your lasers clearly, actually, that's how we spotted you. That's a good idea, but if we want to use that effectively we need to have all lasers turned off except those pointing at an enemy concentration.

Finder's Keepers
I really look forward to playing this again, We got there right on time and it was so cool seeing the AAF soldiers so concentrated on Bravo while we snuck up on them from their rear. Now THAT's a great setup for a mission! I don't know if that's how you'd imagine it unfold Varanon, but it was a perfect Arma moment! Good job Bravo on stopping the convoy.

Op Landmarker
(01-30-2015, 03:30 PM)Varanon link Wrote:Yet another "Operation"... sigh... Good leadership by both the crash prone Outlawz (hope you can fix your machine) and Variable and later Misha. Too bad the truck swerved to the side when my missile was on it's way to the enemy APC... it literally caught the bullet of the APC...

The revive script is total bollocks, though.. six different steps to bring someone up again... not even ACE was that convoluted. And blood transfusions in the field... right...
Could you tell what happened there after I fell asleep?

Shades
(01-30-2015, 11:19 PM)doveman link Wrote:There was certainly a lot going on in this one but I don't think I saw a single enemy to shoot at throughout.
The enemy was very well camouflaged on this one. And when I say very well camouflaged, I mean "almost impossible to spot even on spectating mode". I had to use that thermal view while spectating to spot them!
(02-01-2015, 10:26 AM)Variable link Wrote:Northern Lights
Oh how much I love blowing up stuff... That was a great mission. Good job everyone.

Hehe, thanks Smile

Quote:If you are threatened, shoot, even if that means firing on an unaware enemy. That goes to leaders but also for individual soldiers.

There is a good video on that from Dslyecxi here:
[youtube][font=verdana][url=
Sounds like a good night of co-op; stuck at work but I was there in spirit! Smile
Clean Sweep Infinity
This mission is great for warm-up, and it played great although my initial move towards the enemy proved to be reckless and dangerous as always hehe. Bravo - Very good job suppression team, bleeding under your hail of bullets was reassuring lol. SPhoenix, great shooting, all the rest, you did a good job moving through the town while eliminating the last pockets of resistance. Den, sorry we didn't get to you on time while you were bleeding, we tried.

Wolfpack U-12
After a lot of hassle aligning the radio channels the progress was good. We failed to spot that Tigris damn it and it killed you and the hostage right on take-off. It was right there with it's turret popping out over the terrain to our westish. We should try the mission again now that we can easily overcome the radio problems and head straight to the objective via the sea. We will just have everybody set their frequencies according to their team on channel 1 (Alpha on 111, Bravo on 222, Charlie on 333), and have the leaders on channel 2 as alternate.

Comes to think of it, is there anyone here capable of getting back to playing without a radio simulation mod? I know I couldn't...

Base Desant
Great job Bravo team! SPhoenix, wonderful leading. Very assertive, very effective, pushing for fast movement towards the enemy, just the way I like it. That is THE ONLY thing that won us the mission, awesome job man. We tried this like four times and failed. Den, Outlawz, good cooperation as the last survivors on completing this mission.
I'm starting to get a hang of the RPG sights, the range marks seem completely functional, just need to asses correctly the range to the target and here goes boom.