Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: The Debriefing Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-21-2014, 11:20 PM)UnNamedGER link Wrote:i don't remember most of the mission names from yesterday unfortunately.
Unnamed you don't need to remember the mission names, just check the first post of this thread for links to our page on the SWEC statistics website, look for the names there. Bookmark it Smile

Spy VS Spy
The offroad must have slipped through Bravo's overwatch because we loitered too far out from the town. We should get closer next time although it's risky. My bad (Bravo lead).

Lost squad Chernarus RHS
At first I thought that this is a bit problematic to do it in Chernarus since we know its terrain, but it proved fun nonetheless. If you guys immediately recognize our position at the start of the mission, don't just give it away, pretend you don't know and play the role of a newb trainee. Good leading Alias! It was an accomplishment to even attempt to board the chopper given the resistance we faced.

(11-21-2014, 11:20 PM)UnNamedGER link Wrote:Those MI8 are f*ing loud. I wasn't able to make out more than half of what the ground team told me (Valhalian on the other hand came through clearly, I guess he was talking a little louder because he was flying a MI8 aswell)

To recap what I said in Teamspeak, work with your Windows mixer to lower the game's volume and increase TS volume. It's possible to reach a sweet spot that allows you to hear the game and TS in all possible scenarios.

Krasny Air
We definitely need some strelas on this one, maybe even a stationary Shilka with limited fuel and ammo Smile

Eagle Claw
I loved that mission although the enemy close respawn. Missions that keep you on the move are always great, even if artificial means are used to keep you on your toes. Good job everyone.

Lost squad Chernarus RHS

Thanks Smile I could've done it better but the enemy is pretty mean, good job Outlawz. I'd like to try it again.

I love the concept of this mission, reminds me of a mission we had on V4V server, where all squad members where scattered in Chernarus with no maps, just radios, a lot of patrols in the woods, we had to regroup, find better gear and attack some objectives. Is a pretty long mission tho, dunno if it fits in CiA nights.
Have to say, I really enjoyed games last night, definitely one of the better coop nights for me. Especially liked the convoy and lost squad on cherno, it was really intense, I just wish my game didn't crash when things got serious.

Also, was a bit worried when I heard AI skill was toned down a bit, but looks like it's all good, they can still hit broad side of a barn Big Grin
(11-24-2014, 10:32 PM)Gwynbleidd link Wrote:Have to say, I really enjoyed games last night, definitely one of the better coop nights for me. Especially liked the convoy and lost squad on cherno, it was really intense, I just wish my game didn't crash when things got serious.
Posts like this is why I'm in this business Smile Thanks for playing Gwynbeidd! That Lost Squad mission is magical, so many attempts on it and most of them turn out to be great games. When you got disconnected I couldn't get your AI to move with us so we boarded the chopper without him and killed him using a monitor cheat to enable the mission end trigger, that's why you couldn't JIP. Outlawz, maybe using the monitor to remove that unit was the reason behind the mission not completing?
One comment to the lost squad - in situations with no radio, make sure to pass on the orders to the guys at the back!

Our first extraction attempt we had to cover a lot of ground to the chopper and took hits. When I saw the helicopter coming under fire I messaged Unnamed to take off and bug out, but it was too late.

(11-24-2014, 10:32 PM)Gwynbleidd link Wrote:Also, was a bit worried when I heard AI skill was toned down a bit, but looks like it's all good, they can still hit broad side of a barn Big Grin
Yeah, it's a tough job finding the sweet spot for AI skill and accuracy, I'm glad the feedback is good.
(11-25-2014, 10:21 AM)Variable link Wrote:When you got disconnected I couldn't get your AI to move with us so we boarded the chopper without him and killed him using a monitor cheat to enable the mission end trigger, that's why you couldn't JIP. Outlawz, maybe using the monitor to remove that unit was the reason behind the mission not completing?

Perhaps. Killed him how exactly?
(11-25-2014, 03:50 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:Perhaps. Killed him how exactly?

a9 setdamage 1 ^^
We had a good CiA night Smile
All missions using CUP or RHS which made the difference i suppose. Loved to see the tracers in action.
Good missions, some difficult ones, well played, not too many bugs Smile

Good job everyone!
Haven't written one of these in a long time, so here goes. Good games tonight, I must say.

Evening In Naygul

Defense mission, there wasn't really much to do but cover all sectors. Which worked quite nicely, good idea to move up in the valley to be able to cover the opposite side.
AI seem to be stuck sometimes in the rocks near the extraction point, but it made for a pretty dramatic exit.

Spy vs. Spy
Execution went well. Shooting the other helicopter from the skids was kind of fun, but next to impossible, because the pilot and players were on different machines and therefore subject to jerky movement. Was bugged again with no way to exchange my weapon, but re-logging (completely, I left the server and logged in again) fixed it for me.

Armada
Nice mission, liked that tornado. I thought the camera shakes a bit annoying, and the players should simply start with their loadout. I got shot when driving the Zodiac.

I still firmly believe that tasks are a good thing. I can probably not convince anybody of this, but I will open a separate thread about this anyway just to get it out of my system.

Stinger
A tough mission, but I liked it. The extraction chopper never came, and I thought that the location for the extraction was a bit weird, it would have been better putting it a bit off the objective; this way, we had to wait in the open in the middle of the runway, getting shot permanently.

PMC Versus mission
What can I saw, this (and Factory Sweep) were my favorites, even though I spent half the mission dead. I loved the darkness, lying in wait for the spec-ops team to pass by us was cool. Heading up the hill towards Corona proved fatal for me, a diver shot me from the other side of the fire.

FTE - Factory Sweep
TBH, one of my favorite missions this evening. Short, but it was specifically intended to be short. The right way to end a coop night when most players have already left. Congrats to Ion for his first leadership, and even a success at it Smile
(12-05-2014, 03:08 AM)Alwarren link Wrote:Haven't written one of these in a long time, so here goes. Good games tonight, I must say.
Indeed, I went to bed pleased.

(12-05-2014, 03:08 AM)Alwarren link Wrote:Evening In Naygul
Defense mission, there wasn't really much to do but cover all sectors. Which worked quite nicely, good idea to move up in the valley to be able to cover the opposite side.
AI seem to be stuck sometimes in the rocks near the extraction point, but it made for a pretty dramatic exit.
I liked very much the movement towards the extraction chopper, enemies were danger close and we had to fight them to get to it and make sure it's not fired upon. That was cool!

(12-05-2014, 03:08 AM)Alwarren link Wrote:Spy vs. Spy
Execution went well. Shooting the other helicopter from the skids was kind of fun, but next to impossible, because the pilot and players were on different machines and therefore subject to jerky movement. Was bugged again with no way to exchange my weapon, but re-logging (completely, I left the server and logged in again) fixed it for me.

Mission of the night! Loved the join assault we did on the camp, good job Doveman for commanding Bravo to the end. I made a mistake and overlooked that the actual objective was to destroy the crates. Had I noticed it in time, we wouldn't have waited for too long there, we would have taken out the crates and bug out quickly back to the choppers.

(12-05-2014, 03:08 AM)Alwarren link Wrote:
Armada
Nice mission, liked that tornado. I thought the camera shakes a bit annoying, and the players should simply start with their loadout. I got shot when driving the Zodiac.

I completely missed the Tornado! I'm not sure it was "there" for me.

Stinger
A tough mission, but I liked it. The extraction chopper never came, and I thought that the location for the extraction was a bit weird, it would have been better putting it a bit off the objective; this way, we had to wait in the open in the middle of the runway, getting shot permanently.

Loved that mission, we managed to get out alive from very tough situations there.

PMC Versus mission
What can I saw, this (and Factory Sweep) were my favorites, even though I spent half the mission dead. I loved the darkness, lying in wait for the spec-ops team to pass by us was cool. Heading up the hill towards Corona proved fatal for me, a diver shot me from the other side of the fire.

Another great mission. It was so cool ambushing the NATO team and see them blow up on our mines. When getting back to the FOB, I should have ordered my team to throw a lot of chemlights all around, in order to take the diver's NVG advantage.

(12-05-2014, 03:08 AM)Alwarren link Wrote:FTE - Factory Sweep
TBH, one of my favorite missions this evening. Short, but it was specifically intended to be short. The right way to end a coop night when most players have already left. Congrats to Ion for his first leadership, and even a success at it Smile

Great little mission! Highly immersive.

Screenshot from Armada:
[Image: 95AA26983FB58430F8D7BBEB1EF24BB2188C60C4]
Armada
Got scared at first when we started the mission(used an exclamation, sorry for that). Prior to this one, all your missions were long and hard Smile . This one was good lenght for me.
(12-06-2014, 06:47 PM)freeman link Wrote:Armada
Got scared at first when we started the mission(used an exclamation, sorry for that). Prior to this one, all your missions were long and hard Smile . This one was good lenght for me.
Solid leading freeman!
There is anyone else who didn't see the tornado?

(12-06-2014, 06:47 PM)freeman link Wrote:Armada

Good to know Smile Thanks mate!

Guys if you played the mission and you liked it please rate or comment here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi.../349750358

Thank you!
My first session in a while and good fun it was too. Was a bit rusty after not playing for a few weeks but it'll all come back to me in time I'm sure Smile

Evening In Naygul

Nice mission to start with, no long treks, just dig in and wait for them to come to us, which they did, from all directions! I wasn't really sure where the other teams were at all times but it wasn't really an issue as the enemy were all far away, so no risk of friendly fire. I liked having the crate by the chopper and us having to take turns to go there to resupply and hopefully get back before the next wave attacked. Getting ambushed near the extraction point was a nice surprise as well. I was a bit freaked out and distracted when I saw our friendly AI lie down in front of a rock and then crawl THROUGH it :o

Spy vs. Spy

I don't know what happened to our pilot, UnNamed, on the way in but I presume he got shot from somewhere as we suddenly came to a halt and started descending before we reached the insertion LZ. Luckily it was a strangely soft landing, so we didn't lose anyone else. It was quite hard work clearing the camp, as we had some patrols to our South sniping at us as well and were constantly patching each other up and one by one running out of ammo. Unfortunately, after we destroyed the weapons cache, Alias couldn't get back into the chopper for some reason, so we had to leave him on the ground as there was no way we could shoot the enemy helo down from the ground. Turns out we couldn't do it from the air either but we did our best until we ran out of ammo Smile

Armada

Loved the atmosphere on this. Camera shakes had me worried but I think they stopped after the tornado hit and destroyed the tanks and I didn't have to shoot at anything before than anyway. I wasn't convinced that shooting at the guards at the base was a good idea, as the briefing said the commander would run if we were detected but we caught him anyway, so it all worked out.

PMC Versus mission

Another very atmospheric mission, this time just because of the darkness! Somehow I managed to survive to the end and used my RPG to thin out the resistance at the second objective (not sure how many were there to start with but I think we only found one left alive afterwards).

FTE - Factory Sweep

I got shot whilst hanging back and trying to provide cover and unfortunately couldn't crawl to the group in time before I bled out but it was fun until then and afterwards spectating and hoping you'd notice the guy sneaking up on you before too late. I have to say I really didn't like the RPG I had, with that tiny viewhole which I couldn't see anything through (sorry if that's a CUP weapon!), as I found even when I had an idea of where the target was, I just couldn't locate it once I was trying to look through that tiny hole. I don't pretend to be great with RPGs anyway but at least when they don't block my view I can aim it at the target  ;D 

Was my first time with TFAR in serious mode and I kinda missed being able to listen to what was going on, made watching it a bit less interesting. The old way, people could always switch to the KiA channel if they wanted to talk. I appreciate it might be a necessary evil to avoid dead players talking to the living though. If only we could stream everything, I could just watch that instead Wink
(12-06-2014, 08:24 PM)doveman link Wrote:FTE - Factory Sweep

I got shot whilst hanging back and trying to provide cover and unfortunately couldn't crawl to the group in time before I bled out but it was fun until then and afterwards spectating and hoping you'd notice the guy sneaking up on you before too late. I have to say I really didn't like the RPG I had, with that tiny viewhole which I couldn't see anything through (sorry if that's a CUP weapon!), as I found even when I had an idea of where the target was, I just couldn't locate it once I was trying to look through that tiny hole. I don't pretend to be great with RPGs anyway but at least when they don't block my view I can aim it at the target  ;D 
I think you meant the mission Stinger, by Etzu, here.

(12-06-2014, 08:24 PM)doveman link Wrote:Was my first time with TFAR in serious mode and I kinda missed being able to listen to what was going on, made watching it a bit less interesting. The old way, people could always switch to the KiA channel if they wanted to talk. I appreciate it might be a necessary evil to avoid dead players talking to the living though. If only we could stream everything, I could just watch that instead Wink

Without realistic mode, if there's more than one team you get to hear several teams talking at the same time when you are dead, which makes it impossible to understand anything. However, I wish we could hear talking next to the spectating camera - THAT could have been a nice feature. I'll propose it to nkey.
(12-06-2014, 10:17 PM)Variable link Wrote:I think you meant the mission Stinger, by Etzu, here.

Ah, OK. I did get a bit confused about the names towards the end of the list and not all the missions were showing on the played list for some reason.