Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: The Debriefing Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Big Bird Down

Cool warm up mission Phantom  Big Grin . But I got repeatedly shot by the friendly AI for some strange reason. I am 100% sure that I hadn't fired upon one, or anything like that. Very strange

Wetworks

After the restart Etzu had us go around an other way which worked much better than the first time. Unfortunately we lost Stick quite early. I worked on him but he died as soon as I got to 100% We lost UnNamedGER in a similar fashion a little later as we were taking out the missile operators from a hill. We then made our way through the town constantly dodging bullets, up the other hill overlooking the mortar site. This is where first Etzu and then me met our doom by a sneaky sniper not more than 50-100 meters away. Phantom took over the lead but without a medic (me) it was not going to be easy. They gave it a good shot at the airport but there was a lot of guys and they found them selves outnumbered and got flanked behind the airport warehouse

I had a great time in this mission until I died. Lot's to do as the medic, constantly running back and forth. I just wish the medic system worked in a different way. Instead of the meter going to a 100% and then the patient just die. Have it go to 60-70% and give a message like "The patient bled out" or something. To be honest I would really like to have something like there was in ACE for Arma 2. Adrenaline, and morphine etc. You had to manage supply's and prioritize your patients. If someone got shot but didn't need full first aid, just give him some morphine to steady his aim. It made medic gameplay very fun.
I also enjoyed Etzu's leading, immersive and engaging, good work
(11-10-2014, 10:59 AM)Variable link Wrote:The best part was working closely with the UAV operator - Outlawz. He gave us real time, high resolution intelligence to the point of "the guy is hiding behind a shed, to its east, recommend you attack from the west". The information was accurate to the meter, and I think a lot of credit for the successful attack goes to Outlawz, that was some pro shit man.

That was definitely the highlight of the evening for me.

NATO approaching the medical station
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/4986...84175610C/

Last guy hiding in a bush getting shot.
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/4986...AECFB8112/

[color=rgb(85, 85, 85)]co@10_pmcvcro07_caesiae[/color]

I think we should set the M6 Slam and explosive charge together and detonate when the M6 goes off, the Strider survived the M6 on both attempts. We can take out the trucks with small arms and save the RPG for later.

(11-10-2014, 06:41 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:That was definitely the highlight of the evening for me.
NATO approaching the medical station
Last guy hiding in a bush getting shot.
Nice shots!

(11-10-2014, 06:41 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:[color=rgb(85, 85, 85)]co@10_pmcvcro07_caesiae[/color]

I think we should set the M6 Slam and explosive charge together and detonate when the M6 goes off, the Strider survived the M6 on both attempts. We can take out the trucks with small arms and save the RPG for later.

We had an explosive charge?! Then sure, that's what we need to do.

That reminds me - Don't take weapons you don't know how to operate, if you end up with one, inform your team that you don't know how to operate it.
(11-10-2014, 06:41 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:NATO approaching the medical station

Hehe nice, looks like one of those LiveLeak video stills Big Grin
Thursday Night

Bad Moon Rising
Had a lot of fun with Alias as a marksman from the castle. Even with the MK18 it was enough to kill a bucket ton of guys and clear way.

Unfortunately at the hill there were more enemies than anticipated which we killed. The final guy which was in a bush nearby from us managed to wound Alias.

My game or mission was bugged as I had no option to revive and it on my screen he looked like he was alive, not like when someone usually needs revive. He bled out because of this and I am sorry for that. Also couldn't open doors or get in vehs.

Then I had to swap guns and had an RPK and alias' scope but wasn't aware they are inaccurate due to different packs so when i had to be accurate i missed completely and put Outlaws' team in danger from mounted MG. Mistake on my part but after we flanked it went well and got the mission done successfully.

Hope the covering makes up for mistake with RPK with 26 kills Smile .
http://i.imgur.com/uT9UrTL.jpg

Sunday Night

Big Bird Down
Great fun warm up mission, very unusual to be in a crater. Thanks Phantom.
Enemies were killed easily although many were injured at beginning.

Wetworks
Managed to infiltrate the medi centre as Nato but got downed in a patch of open field then whilst crawling the same EI killed me which I said it would.

I then respawned as Drone Recon Operator and few around the AAF until got shot down. Unfortunately was rusty setting the drone to autonomous so was flying manually and not sure how useful I was to the AAF squad. Probably not very, unlike Outlaws which did a great job.

Outlaws and I then regrouped with remains of Nato (Alwarren and Variable), held the towers for a bit and then we decided to fall back to our chopper and hit the airfield after AAF were whiped.

Great 4 man teamwork in capturing the airfield. Unfortunately we lost variable at the hangar after a pilot shot him and failed to revive.

We managed to get the jets and heli and made destroyed most of enemies at last task altough infrantry were still alive. I personally count it as a Win for us.
The mission was really long for everyone involved and although it had some fun parts some other parts were not as good.
(11-11-2014, 12:01 AM)Den link Wrote:Hope the covering makes up for mistake with RPK with 26 kills Smile .
http://i.imgur.com/uT9UrTL.jpg

Please, do not do that.
Big Bird Down

Holy crap, like I said during the mission it was basically a medic endurance test...everyone was injured from the start, and with the constant gunfire and people getting injured again and again I was running around like a headless chicken.  ;D  Very fun, though...goes to show you how ASI AI makes it more fair/realistic, because if those were stock AI I bet we would have been headshotted almost immediately.

Wet Works

Very fun mission, but I also have to echo the concerns of others about long missions like that.  I played for a long time and eventually died, but even after that I had a lot of time waiting.  I think the main problem with these missions are that some of the more difficult objectives are 2+ hours into the mission, which makes it really frustrating to complete several other objectives, only to get annihilated so close to the end.  This seems to be what happened with the AAF team.  Luckily the remainder of NATO managed to pull it off (or at least, as close to it as we could get), so that always feels good knowing it was completed.

Overall, though, it was a very fun mission, and well-designed other than the discrepancy between the NATO and AAF objective "time to complete".
(11-11-2014, 06:10 AM)MavericK link Wrote:Overall, though, it was a very fun mission, and well-designed other than the discrepancy between the NATO and AAF objective "time to complete".

I think I shortened NATO's time when I destroyed the AA for them with my UAV AGMs, otherwise I would have never been able to provide UAV support since that Tigris covered the marshlands. I did also take out a BTR-K at AAC airfield, I would have gotten the other targets as well, but forgot about having to switch to manual fire in order to fire correctly, so I wasted all my missiles.
(11-10-2014, 06:41 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:Last guy hiding in a bush getting shot.
That was a perfect Arma moment. We knew exactly where this guy was thanks to the UAV real time coverage. Valhalian and myself advanced from the two sides of the truck and agreed that once one of us comes under fire, the other one will move up quick and take out the shooter, and it worked perfectly. Once Valhalian came under fire I rushed in and shot the guy who was hiding in that bush.
All psycho AIS and revive script related posts moved to the relevant topic, please continue the discussion there.
A VERY interesting post about how beneficial it is to the rifle in your backpack (if you have the room for it) and running:
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...ost2817431

Quote:when you don't have anything in your hands you get fatigued less and you can run 7km/h faster!
Well, luckily my new freshly-installed PC and ArmA didn't crash or do anything weird on Sunday!  Lots of fun times.

After playing that mission with the progressive objectives through the forest (Bullet in the Head? Something like that),  I really think the ASR AI level is tuned pretty nicely.  The couple of times I went down I was pretty much out in the open and had a small opportunity to return fire, but it didn't ever feel cheap, which happened very often with stock AI in forest areas.
Good games on Thursday. I'm glad your installation is working fine, Maverick. The reduced terminator instincts and aiming abilities are due to a skill and precision reduction I did on the AI settings on the server. Guys, please feedback on how it feels now with the AI since last game on the AI skill on the server thread.

Several guys said that the AI were a bit soft on the "Bullet to the Head" mission. I think their skill was good but we crushed them because we were very effective. That flank we did on the second objective was great. While Outlawz' team was taking fire from them, my team managed to get right up to them and kill them from about 20 meters, that was very gratifying, a true Armagasm! Moving quick is a gamble, but sometimes it pays off Smile

To be fair, we had artillery support, norrin/farooq revive and armored vehicles, plus it was in the forest where you shouldn't be easily spotted and the few times I was under fire, they were pretty accurate to the point I preferred seeking cover though yes, since we assaulted each objective with a pincer movement there was always a team that killed them all while they were firing on the other team.

On Caesiae Maria, I think what killed my team was having one AI who was also the LMG guy, Student getting lost and following the other team and attacking the NVG equipped enemies from lower ground. I think after clearing the prison camp, we should have moved together or flanked from the south where there were stone fences. But we made it so nvm.
i don't remember most of the mission names from yesterday unfortunately.

Spy VS Spy

I'm really starting to like this missionbecause its some nice training for flying the littlebird which I definitely still need (I'm always glad when i don't end up killing a squad or the whole team xD) . last Thursday following a SUV that was going 30 KPH was totally different from what I do when I try to train in the Editor (mostly flying at high speed and trying to land at a set point as fast as I can without killing myself ) and I thought I had screwed up when I bumped into the ground once while on the radio (A shame TFAR won't let me configure Joystick keys). This weeks flight ended quite abruptly when the maschine gun at the camp found the chopper, unfortunately I didn't dare to loose too much speed  after the motor was out so some rock killed us when we were sliding over the ground. still was a fun try  and I guess I will try some low altitude autorotation landing next xD.

Lost squad Chernarus RHS

Those MI8 are f*ing loud. I wasn't able to make out more than half of what the ground team told me (Valhalian on the other hand came through clearly, I guess he was talking a little louder because he was flying a MI8 aswell)and was not entirely sure of their position until I saw tracers on the ground (will need to tweak my audio setting(elsewise what was the name of that addon that would mute the game sounds while radio is active ? ^^)) after the ground team marked its position (Please use coloured smoke next time, I'm still not sure wheather I landed on some wounded enemy or next to ground teams position) I landed since I did not have door gunners (I had two AI on board on other seats which I couldn't order around) landing went without problems (well besides all those tracers coming towards my armored cockpit) but due to the noise I wasn't even able to make out weather or not someone answered my questions about how many  people were missing. unfortunately most of the lost squad was wiped out when my chopper was blown up by a RPG.

I definitely liked the MI8 even though I would have preferred an armed one^^.

(din't remember mission name, we were to defend an airfield in chernarus)

well....we were 2 guys and 3 AI in slots labeled chopper pilot but we had one chopper.

we went to our holding position waiting for orders to perform CAS. when the first such order came we gained height and speed, heard a report of a blackhawk in the area and then where killed by the blackhawks doorgunners without even having spotted it ^^.

(the VR defense mission)

totally different from the one we played last thursday, much more intense, much more pressure  (our medics probably had most of it) and some times I thought we might be overrun when I noticed that two guys on the same side of the tower were down .

(the Airport raid)

quite a nice mission, even though we lost about half our men. only bad thing was those enemys that didn't chease to respawn at the western ammo dump and I think at times our leaders were quite pissed of our incompetence ^^(I had some problems with my FaceTrack when I lost track of things and ran towards those choppers, I'm still surprised I wasn't shot again xD). It was the first mission I think in which I was hit 6 times with every bullet being stopped by my vest without really wounding me