Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: The Debriefing Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-09-2014, 01:09 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:How do you format the description like that?
You can use standard BBCode markup, the same asbhere on the forum...
Is there some website where you can edit a text with BB code (well, besides the reply form in any forum), I don't think the 'submit to Workshop' form in A3 editor has any text tools.
(07-09-2014, 01:13 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:You can use standard BBCode markup, the same asbhere on the forum...
http://steamcommunity.com/comment/Publis...attinghelp
(07-09-2014, 01:16 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:Is there some website where you can edit a text with BB code (well, besides the reply form in any forum), I don't think the 'submit to Workshop' form in A3 editor has any text tools.
I usually just publish as "private" and edit the rest in the Steam client... More handy than the small edit box in Arma...
Thanks Smile
G'day guys, Imperator here; mission designer for Clearing the Way and Poking the Nest.

I greatly appreciate the feedback provided and thanks to Variable for even recording CiA's play session on Clearing the Way.  As a mission designer it's always fantastic to get feedback and even just watching the recording has provided me with some input on things I can alter to improve the mission. 

I definitely never contemplated the idea of a full-on beach assault.  All the play sessions I've been through have either resulted in an attack from the rear or a head-on assault down the road (those ones never end well haha.)

Great mission imperator! Yeah, when I'm leading I like to make it close and personal with the enemy. It usually ends in a disaster but in this mission it proved itself. By the time they detected us we had our claws clinging to walls of their houses and they didn't have a chance. I think team blue (the one that landed on the east side) saw more action.
Day at the Office

Solid leading by Knight. Well done!

The mission was slightly imbalanced due to the long engagement ranges, we did never get anyone injured, so me as a medic was mostly without work. Add to that that I only had an eotech, I was basically doing nothing during the mission but watch through the binocs.

Under Fire

Well, the premises of the mission wasn't bad (defense missions are mostly fun), but there were several disturbing factors. For one, it had every soldier in it's own team, which doesn't make sense, IMHO. But the real deal breaker is the teleporting. Why teleport us to a new location across the island after each wave ?

Second Front

A typical Bardosi mission: long, but action packed. The strategy was solid, nothing to complain about.
Day at the Office

Good leading Knight!
Surgical operation, precise and no losses on our side. Good coordination.
The mission has potential, but as it is now the enemy has no chance, it was like shooting fish in bath tube Big Grin

Under Fire

As a beginner i enjoyed this type of missions, good for fire practice, but for experienced players as us this was from another movie. This mission is definitely not for hardcore players.

Keep on trucking

Good plan Variable, nice blue team leading by Outlaw, we had no causalities and achieved the objective.
Nice mission settings, love the map, location, time, weather, date/full moon. The best convoy behavior ever seen by me, aside the bugs and heli glitch the mission need more spice if you ask me, was a bit too easy on last part while returning to base. As it is now the mission could end right after the helicopters are destroyed. A car chase or ambush from enemy part would be nice, condition of losing could be- we lose engineers and/or trucks.
(07-11-2014, 01:35 PM)alias link Wrote:The best convoy behavior ever seen by me, aside the bugs ...

It wasn't a bug, the convoy script actually does that. CK, we can give you a version that doesn't, and then the mission should work!
Rust and Scrab

As I said during the evening, the mission was slightly too long. This was mostly because of the distances travelled, plus we had to be careful because there seemed to be random AT soliders dotting the landscape. The firefights were good, and I think the execution was as well. The counter attack felt a bit too tacked on TBH.

Forward

There was one thing about this mission that really annoyed me (well, two things actually).

1. I greatly dislike when a mission spawns troops within visual range. From the first objective, we could clearly see that the whole lab area was deserted, as well as the coast. With each objective cleared, they all of a sudden got filled, and even thought there wasn't any troops left e.g. in the beach area, we had to hunt everyone down. That unnecessarily draws out the mission length.

2. The mission should have covered a bigger area and have vehicles for travel between locations.

Leading was good, The deaths at the end were simply the Iffrit that surprised us, notihng to be done about it. Too bad the mission wasn't JIPable, really every mission should be.

Red Dead

First thing I disliked was that the mission had us force insert at a point way too far off the target, especially since (I checked it when we were dead) there was nothing inbetween. We took the boats after all. I don't really feel like we did anything wrong, we attacked the base from a distance and took out most of the guys in the first half a minute. Then, all of a sudden, pinpoint accurate artillery rained down on us, even though we were in the dark in the middle of the night and none of the enemies had done so much as to fire in our direction, leading me to think that they hadn't actually spotted us by rather the arty was a scripted even that would go down on our position.

Things like this make me feel cheated. From the very beginning, the mission felt like it was forcing a certain procedure on us. The arty fire was the last straw. Pretty much disappointed, more so since IronDuke normally makes great mission.
Rust and Scrab
Nice mission, good to see some artillery & infantry coordination! Don't know about the lenght since i joined on a later phase, it still lasted about 1 hour for me. I liked the pace and how it was managed, there was always something to do during the mission so it kept being interesting and fun.

Forward
Nice mission aswell, a bit weird to move aroun the whole time without radio since it felt like we were some random guys sent in the battlefield haha. Luckily on a later phase i managed to find a radio on enemies and they appear to automatically convert to a TFAR radio when you equip them.
It was dramatic to witness 3-4 of our guys going down all together from the grenade spam (i was a few meters away from the 'nade barrage when we got hit). After that moment the situation started to sink and us slowly dropping one after another. Too bad, i think we were almost at the last of our objective (the CSAT facility)

Red Dead
We got slaughtered by enemy artillery and by surprise (or at least, it looked like artillery fire). As Alwarren said it was surprisingly accurate, not a single splash missed us. In the mission tasks we had an optional one where we would assault the artillery nest and probably prevent this to happen. So after what happened i assume it is not so optional in the end, or we either attempt to clear the outpost faster.. or spread more who knows.

**On a side note i don't see why there is so much negative feedback (on BIS forums) about the new fatigue system, taking often pauses during our movements helped indeed but i was never over fatigued during the missions. The only moment where i really had problems with fatigue was during Red Dead since i was carrying a Titan Launcher, 3 rockets, a satchel and dozen of magazine and other stuff so pretty legit to be impaired in movements so quick.
(07-18-2014, 01:56 AM)3lackrose link Wrote:Rust and Scrab
Nice mission, good to see some artillery & infantry coordination! Don't know about the lenght since i joined on a later phase, it still lasted about 1 hour for me. I liked the pace and how it was managed, there was always something to do during the mission so it kept being interesting and fun.
Exactly how I feel about the mission. It was a long and gratifying adventure. Alpha's hike to the objective was not uneventful and we had the chance to clear the dam facility from some enemies that held up there. I decided to attack the town before the arrival of Bravo and Charlie. That was a tactically stupid but I wanted to keep the pace of the mission and keep the guys occupied, we were getting fat up on that hill... Smile Guys at alpha, you did a great job all around, the communication within the team was good and I liked to see how you work together even when not ordered what to do. We got lucky with that ifrit that engaged us in the town! I missed two scavenged RPG shots - a lesson to remember - when you lean to the side the rocket will travel more to the side, as physics dictate. just draw a line from the crosshair to the ground and the missile will travel along that line.
The regroup with all teams was done well, it was cool to hear Valhalian's APC approaching from the distant.
The counter attack was hellish! I have no idea how those tanks managed to sneak into the town! The street battle we had with them was awesome, I was sure we are doomed! And then Alpha managed to disable one tank and Bravo the second. I ran to the gunner position of the disabled tank while being targeted by an Ifrit GMG. A house blocked the tank's turret LOS to the Ifrit. It took me some time to realize that I can simply blow away the house to take the shot on the Ifrit. Too bad we didn't get the chance to investigate that hill to the south west, oh well, next time (kidding).
How was the mission to the Bravo guys on Alwarren's team?

I fell asleep on the keyboard later on... but: Good games!

P.S I wish to remind everybody that this is not a mission review thread. It's ok to some extent to criticize the missions here, but it is mostly intended to share our battle stories and improve our tactics and communications during the games. If you have feedback please bring it to the author by finding the mission on the workshop, BIF, Armaholic or here on the CiA forums. If you do, it will be great if you will add a link to your review so all could add their take as well.
One more thing I forgot - Great job with using the artillery to lay minefields! the first wave of Ifrits was practically stopped by the mines on the junctions leading to the city. It was great to watch and hear them detonating the mines!

And thanks for Oukej for joining us! Was fun to have you aboard.
Rust and Scrab

Oh man, i got shot in this mission more than ever, i was AT, i tried my best to carry as much missiles i could, but that made me a very good target, i was fatigued to the maximum most of the time, i was slow and tried to anticipate where to stop next for rest, this stamina system will change the gameplay for AT and ammo carrier dramatically. Before firing a rocket or missile i really have to wait 1 min to rest and sway to stop.

Forward

I have mixed feelings about this mission. I didn't play until the end, i tried to die with honor before leaving, but i couldn't find a enemy to be killed by, so i dropped my gear and hided before disconnect.
For me the 30 minutes played on this mission felt like training, i liked the fact we had to stay in range for direct communication Smile