Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: The Debriefing Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-20-2013, 03:39 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:Finish Post:

I think that went very well, and was a rare case where I actually enjoyed leading the mission Big Grin Forest fights against the AI are always a bitch. Too bad we lost Maverick at the end with no AI left to join. If this has taught me one thing, it's that small units of four men (aka fire teams) are the most manageable asset, and are very effective when left to perform individual tasks.

The only thing that I would have to criticize was that sometimes I had to wait long for a reply. I appreciate that a team under fire will have its difficulties replying, a short "Hold on" would be sufficient in that case.

Other than that, great work from everybody Smile

Yeah, that was a fun mission.  We were less than 50m from that AA gun, and I know I shot that gunner in the face several times.  I think there might have been invisible geometry from the AA gun itself at play or something, and he should not have been able to whip the gun around that fast and shoot at us.

Interestingly, it was actually quite easy to pick out targets in the forest using NVGs because for whatever reason they seemed to glow quite a bit brighter than the environment, giving it almost a thermal effect.  So fighting AI in the forest kind of worked out to our advantage this time.

Great leading overall!

(11-20-2013, 03:39 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:Radar Defeat:

There were two contributing factors to the failure of this mission: The BMP's demise, and the CDF that was left in the town.

About the latter, it might be a good idea to have the BMP and infantry sweep the town before taking out the radar, making sure that the back is clear. After the radar is destroyed, all attention is focused the other way.

About the former, the position of the BMP on that counter attack wasn't too bad but still got shot up. Ideally, there would be a position where only the turret pops out, maybe behind the barricades at the radar; alternatively, we might try to position it further away.

I think this was the one where I was the BMP gunner.  It seemed like it went okay before the counter-attack, and even once the attack started coming I was able to destroy 2 of the 3 BMPs before being killed (I actually never even heard fire coming in before we died, so I'm not sure what killed us exactly).  There was also a Shilka to deal with as well...lots of armor in that mission.  It might have been better if the BMP took up an overwatch position in the forest or something, and then waited until we had all other vehicles in sight before firing.  Though, I wonder if the AI would detect us on radar anyway even without LOS.
(11-20-2013, 08:36 PM)Variable link Wrote:Great job last night on finish post, everybody, but especially Alwarren.
The non responsiveness is indeed a problem, but it's sometimes hard to stay attentive to that many channels. When the leader addresses a team it's the job of all it's members to make sure that the team leader respond, so if your leader does not reply, or reply in the wrong comm channel, let him know.

Indeed good job all round especially Alwarren -Doveman was our teams' leader and thought he did an excellent job!

(11-20-2013, 09:43 PM)ck-claw link Wrote:Indeed good job all round especially Alwarren -Doveman was our teams' leader and thought he did an excellent job!
I second that. Doveman practically saved us (Bravo, Misha's team) when leading his AT gunner to regroup with us and take out the BRDM that pinned us down
(11-20-2013, 09:06 PM)MavericK link Wrote:Yeah, that was a fun mission.  We were less than 50m from that AA gun, and I know I shot that gunner in the face several times.  I think there might have been invisible geometry from the AA gun itself at play or something, and he should not have been able to whip the gun around that fast and shoot at us.

I think teh proxies for the crew are not rotating along with the turret... I always have difficulties killing the gunner in a ZSU-23
We completed the last mission, the name of which escapes me (where we ambushed the three trucks and then assaulted the compound).  The mission must have bugged near the beginning, because the "Attack Convoy" objective never checked off due to the "Plant the Charge" objective not marking off properly.
(11-22-2013, 01:44 AM)MavericK link Wrote:We completed the last mission, the name of which escapes me (where we ambushed the three trucks and then assaulted the compound).  The mission must have bugged near the beginning, because the "Attack Convoy" objective never checked off due to the "Plant the Charge" objective not marking off properly.

"Eye for an eye". Good job guys, I'll mark it as complete.
Before I forget:

Skirmish at Silent Rock - Completed!

Grab Bag (CO-08 Takistan) - Completed!

Arms Dealer (Caribou) - Completed, but destroyed 3 missiles and objective did not get checked, so the mission would not end properly.
(11-22-2013, 01:44 AM)MavericK link Wrote:We completed the last mission, the name of which escapes me (where we ambushed the three trucks and then assaulted the compound).  The mission must have bugged near the beginning, because the "Attack Convoy" objective never checked off due to the "Plant the Charge" objective not marking off properly.

I'm guessing you're talking about my A3 mission, can you post in my missions thread what happened because that mission works in local.  :-[

http://ciahome.net/forum/index.php?topic=2883.30
Ok, debriefing time for Thursday, 5. December:

In and Out: The joy of urban sweeping... an enemy around every corner, heavy losses, the usual. I think there were some friendly fire incidents, since one or two guys said they'd been shot by other guys with active lasers, and I don't think the AI does that. Funny ending with our own patrol boat shooting one of the other boats to kingdom come.

A Man of Faith: Geez, I don't know what to do with this mission. In any case, I think Knights proposal of first clearing the near town was quite good, it gave us a base of operation with relative safety, and ensured little enemies coming from behind. I also think my idea of following the dry river bed wasn't bad, but we were overwhelmed and stayed too long in the same spot. Should have retreated at that point. As usual, when the team leader was shot, there is this period of "Who is the leader, it's not me, it's not meeee" (sung to the tune of Three Wise Men). This usually leads to Morbus Nullam Evolit (also known as the headless chicken syndrome) which, in this tight spot, means more casualties. Actually, I think Knight proposed falling back to the town, which I thought was a good idea (but then, I was dead), but went unheard, unfortunately...

Bomberman: Yay, finally made it. Outlawz, excellent mission, I have to say. The first part, clearing the base and the convoy, was more or less a given already, we almost always succeed in that, Then, again, clearing a town, which is always the tedious check all buildings and mark them. Lots of short but intense firefights... Don't think there was much to be done differently (and ultimatively, the mission succeeded, anyway). Chhers to Knight for leading his first team on the very first evening. Don't think anyone ever dared to do that.
a man of faith: that Shilka barraging us was beautiful. Too bad a spec ops with silenced weapons shot me in the face later. I didn't know where it came from.
AT Barriers: If we can take the shot on that AT gunner with the sniper rifle and not open fire too early, it'd probably take some out before they turn their guns back.

Multiple Factors: I'd say it'd be best to probably turn back and fall back from the town when enemies start to take notice of the hills. Hordes of Talibans and Takistani soldiers.

Graveland: Mines are nice, I don't like having AI on my team on a Vanha mission; you go to act fast. Got pass the first wave though, second wave seems smaller so we're close.

(12-18-2013, 04:30 AM)Phantom link Wrote:Hordes of Talibans and Takistani soldiers.

Ah, my personal pet peeve Big Grin

"Taliban" is already a plural, so "Talibans" doesn't exist. The singular of "Taliban" is "Talib".
Sorry I have a bad habit of putting s at the end of all plural things while typing away.
Thanks for these useful informations  8)
Maybe you also understand why I fucking hate "Takibans"