Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: TMR Modular Realism-Arma3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[url=
This guy is great. He's my Arma 3 hero.
Check out his other mods:

TMR 0.2 'Rest & Recoil Update'
[url=
And these are stuff that should have been in ARMA 3. Man, I'm going to have to scavenge for so many addons now Sad but great stuff.
Wow, looks great.

Love the smoke rocket! That brings up so many new tactic ideas
Now that it is confirmed the BIS will release Arma 2's MLODS and secure ACE  3 future, I just hope this guy will cooperate with them.
Then the land will rest and there will be peace upon us all.
(09-14-2013, 01:18 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Then the land will rest and there will be peace upon us all.

Enough peace to make some decent war Big Grin
Old thread I know but since it's already here.
The thing that bothers me most with Arma is the sights. They feel kind of just "painted" on and not very realistic. It makes it almost harder to shoot in the game than it would be in real life. Is this mod OK to use on coop nights?
You can play with TMR, no problem. But I think TMR makes it all look even more painted as it uses 2D sights.
(06-26-2014, 06:03 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]You can play with TMR, no problem. But I think TMR makes it all look even more painted as it uses 2D sights.

Thanks for the quick reply Variable. You might be right about the 2D, I'll try it out and see how it feels
Bear in mind that some parts of TMR do things, like making the RPG launchers single-shot disposable, that could make certain missions impossible, or much harder than intended at least.

These are the pbos I disabled (moved out of the addons subfolder):

tmr_autorest.pbo
tmr_autorest.pbo.tmr_alt.bisign
(use VTS weapon resting instead)

tmr_disposable.pbo
tmr_disposable.pbo.tmr_alt.bisign
tmr_nlaw.pbo
tmr_nlaw.pbo.tmr_alt.bisign
tmr_rpg42.pbo
tmr_rpg42.pbo.tmr_alt.bisign
(Not sure if all three need to be disabled but I did, just in case)

tmr_smallarms_suppressors_unique.pbo
tmr_smallarms_suppressors_unique.pbo.tmr_alt.bisign
(makes suppressors have specific threadings, so can't screw on to any weapon, which might result in you being unable to use a suppressor when needed)
I actually did like the ACOG for TMR more than the default Arma 3 one though, but I stopped using TMR to use VTS weapon rest instead.
Thanks for the warning Doveman. I'll be sure to remove those files. I was mostly interested in the sights
The ARCO from TMR is my favorite, don't really like the RCO and MRCO (which looks similar by the way).

If you use the "new" scopes, will not be able to use them with night vision goggles.
You were right about the scopes Variable. I'm going back to the originals