Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Mission Ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Since we have several talented mission makers active on CiA now, let's share our ideas for missions and maybe someone will be inpired to make cool missions for them!

Let me start:

I would like some tank missions. I think there are only two or three like that for Arma 2 and that is a shame. a platoon of tank is rolling to take out enemy convoys, strongpoints and enemy APC and tanks. To make it easier against those dodgy rpg gunners, maybe equip them with the weakest version of the RPG? will be nice to receive lots of fire and not be killed instantly...

(07-26-2013, 05:25 PM)Variable link Wrote:I would like some tank missions. I think there are only two or three like that for Arma 2 and that is a shame. a platoon of tank is rolling to take out enemy convoys, strongpoints and enemy APC and tanks. To make it easier against those dodgy rpg gunners, maybe equip them with the weakest version of the RPG? will be nice to receive lots of fire and not be killed instantly...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9dtfq4kfvde1p0c/cream.ogg

I think that will speak better than pictures. eta 1hr If I ever stop posting and get off of skype.
Music to my ears Reznov, music to my ears...
Is that "Until we bleed" you added to the list?
watery grave? naval ambush? in low waters.

(08-21-2013, 09:37 AM)Viktor Reznov link Wrote:watery grave? naval ambush? in low waters.
I once designed a mission (that was created by the awesome OFP mission creator - Huxley). With a specops team that HALO in to Novova, with a mission to capture alive a communication officer and make him (through a bullet to the leg) call for a boat convoy to proceed up the river and allow the specops team to destroy it. It was a great mission. It was called "The River" Smile
A type of mission that we see too rarely is the all-out war scenario... like that beach assault missions we once failed at (or twice).

in fact, I'm actually thinking about a new FHQ COOP pack: The War Pack... guaranteed army vs army battles with tanks, choppers and planes...

(08-22-2013, 01:20 PM)Varanon link Wrote:A type of mission that we see too rarely is the all-out war scenario... like that beach assault missions we once failed at (or twice).

in fact, I'm actually thinking about a new FHQ COOP pack: The War Pack... guaranteed army vs army battles with tanks, choppers and planes...
Totally true! An all out war scenarios is what Arma was suppose to be about! Somehow the community walked down the road of the specops mantra, which I like but it doesn't put into effect the epic potential of the game.

Varanon, I have several ideas in this sphere. I'll check my notes, but in the meantime:
1. A heavy AT team support a mechanized infantry platoon that faces an armored company.

2. The same as in number 1 just with an AA team and an aerial opposition.

3. A specops team behind an AT entrenchment line, has  to kill the AT gunners to limit the losses to a friendly armored unit that penetrates through.

4. A specops team behind the front lines has to capture an AA vehicles and use it against the enemy air assets while a war is raging around them. Has to defend itself while shooting down air assets.
Man... I have a lot of these big epic war coop missions sitting on my hdd unfinished. The usual problem is that it gets so big that you get lost your self in the mission editing process Big Grin With that said, I would also like to see more big epic war missions Smile
I've always wanted a Battle of the 73 Easting style mission. A big armored clash. Big Grin

And if it's not too much trouble, down the line, a Red Dawn inspired campaign utilizing Jade Groove island?

I've been watching a lot of DevilDogGamer's videos and I quite like all the massive scale operations. Recently they have been bombarded by Russian artillery on a massive scale and have had fast movers bomb their airbase. One of these days if people (including me) have the time, a multi-day campaign operation/event (or something similar), but that would be a big stress on the server I would think.

I also wish there were nuclear subs we could scuttle during a harbor night raid sort of mission. Tongue

Unless there are some missions here like that? The mission lists are quite extensive. Tongue
(08-22-2013, 01:34 PM)Variable link Wrote:Totally true! An all out war scenarios is what Arma was suppose to be about! Somehow the community walked down the road of the specops mantra, which I like but it doesn't put into effect the epic potential of the game.

Ok, the first mission is on the server, co13_fhq_war_beachead.chernarus. USMC platoon sized forces against equally sized enemy forces, planes, choppers, tanks, APC, all in Wink
(08-30-2013, 10:01 AM)Varanon link Wrote:Ok, the first mission is on the server, co13_fhq_war_beachead.chernarus. USMC platoon sized forces against equally sized enemy forces, planes, choppers, tanks, APC, all in Wink

Nice ^^
While I'm doing my assignments, random idea pop up in my head... I'd say, it'd be nice giving those boats a spin on Arma 3 shore. Say make some assault boats (give them a variable and name it say boat1). Then make a squad of 8 guys and put this in the leader's init (8 guys and boat in separate group)

Code:
{_x moveinCargo boat1} foreach units group this;
to move them all in the assault boat. Give assault boat waypoint move, then unload cargo.

Give 8 guy squad waypoint get out and synchronize that with unload cargo. Add waypoint like search and destroy or something Big Grin .

Put the waypoints at the shore, load up the shoreline with enemy static defenses and such. Enjoy the beachhead firefight Big Grin (just wanted to see some of those assault boats fire some grenades and machineguns out in a beachhead invasion). Just an idea for anyone who wants to make a simple beachhead assault.
If I had time, I would kind of like to experiment with this script. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...-algorithm . Its a sneaky hunter AI algorithm that have a hunter AI hunts down players sneakily and stealthily. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I thought a mission with a few players who are just some hikers, travelers wandering in the middle of a forest (who encountered a dead body) would be interesting. Seems like the forest got a murderer or group of murderers in it... now search for guns or whatever and kill the murderer. (Probably just a small number of AIs, no large military group since I assume these might be harder. Maybe with maxed out skill on the AI too and have them snipe you from out of nowhere). In the end, it's only trying to take out maybe a few guys and you are a few guys. 1:1 ratio or 2:1 or 3:1 ratio (bigger numbers = players).
An Arma 3 mission idea:
Since it is possible to use the UAV terminal in a moving vehicle I thought that a cool scenario would be to control a UAV to take out Armor attacking a far town while driving there. Once there disembark and fight off the attacking infantry. Of course time should be of the essence.
Since I'm done with the first quarter of college and I feel like making a few missions again in between with my other workout schedule if I'm not busy, I'll need some new fresh ideas for some missions again...

(was attempting to make a "paper tank" mission but the Talibans started running away from the tank even though I spawned an invisible soldier on it to make them shoot it with small arms... that failed)

I'll take some ideas that are quick for a little warm up again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14