Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Alwarren's Alternate Medic System for Arma 3 - Request for Comments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Comrades,

I'd like to hear your input and thoughts on this. I guess it's safe to say that the current medical system of Arma 3 lacks impact. In one of the E3 interviews, it was said that they will not change the system for the release version.

Now, I wrote down a few things on an alternative medic system that heavily borrows from ACE while trying to be not too over-encumbered with features. I've attached a short PDF with admittedly sketchy details of the system. If you have the time, please skim over it and let me know what you think.

Thanks a lot Smile
Sounds good but since it would be an addon for the items, it would probably turn off some new mission creators and such from utilizing such addon for some no respawn/revive missions. A script would be more widely used by people than an addon but a system like such would be great since the current medical system to me is bland and if they seem to want to keep it that way, its not my favorite choice of system. A new one would be nice. If possible a script version might be good as well, maybe a lite version as a script?
(06-16-2013, 02:01 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds good but since it would be an addon for the items, it would probably turn off some new mission creators and such from utilizing such addon for some no respawn/revive missions. A script would be more widely used by people than an addon but a system like such would be great since the current medical system to me is bland and if they seem to want to keep it that way, its not my favorite choice of system. A new one would be nice. If possible a script version might be good as well, maybe a lite version as a script?

A lite version would need to go without any sort of items... I don't know how much of that would be possible, it certainly makes book keeping difficult.
Skimming through it at work, it looks great to me. I'll read it more thoroughly when I'm dead tonight Tongue
Have you considered adding battlefield clearance (drag and carry) if that's even possible?
There  are some reports of drag and carry already modded into domin.. sorry annex and hold. Im not sure how that works with arma 3 current medical system.

Another idea that may very well be too complicated / anal

concussive blasts have a chance of making you pass out without blood loss(pain only perhaps?), drop weapon.Â