Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: AI skill on the server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
ok, tweaking further. Changed skill 0.625.
ASR AI 3

New Version available incase you missed it Variable, which i dont think for one minute you have  Wink
(03-23-2014, 06:22 PM)ck-claw link Wrote: [ -> ]ASR AI 3

New Version available incase you missed it Variable, which i dont think for one minute you have  Wink

hehehe! First one to respond Wink
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...ost2650433
lol - i clocked it on armaholic 1st then posted,i aint got to BI forums yet  ;D

Edit:-

Never thought of running it client side, was only this morning i decided to have a go at the campaign  Smile
Then I'll soon post some recommended client side addons on the campaign thread for you.
I reduced the AI Skill and Precision levels on the Arma 3 server since the recent update on Stable has modified them. I think it was felt during the last two coop nights...

The system has been changed and is using new parameters to set the AI skill and accuracy.

These are the new settings on the server: On Veteran we have a "Medium" preset (0.7 skill and 0.4 precision).
We will tweak it further from here. Please take notes and post what you think of the AI after tonight's game.
It felt pretty good...it does seem tougher than on ArmA 2 since we switched the difficulty there, as it seemed like the AI was more accurate than usual.  For instance on that mission with all the fog a the airfield, I got downed very quickly by an enemy I could never see through the fog.  Not sure if fog affects AI view or not, though.
I agree. I would, however, would like to try to increase the Skill to 0.9 and the Precision to 0.5 and see how it goes.
Current Arma 3 server AI skill and precision settings:

Code:
skillAI=0.7;
precisionAI=0.4;
aiLevelPreset=3;

What do you guys feel about the current settings? Too hard? Too easy? The sweet spot? Refer to AI reaction speed, accuracy, level of natural behaviour etc.
(05-07-2014, 05:06 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]What do you guys feel about the current settings? Too hard? Too easy? The sweet spot? Refer to AI reaction speed, accuracy, level of natural behaviour etc.

Hard to really say, but I think they are quite ok as they are now... might try with a bit higher
(05-07-2014, 05:22 PM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]Hard to really say, but I think they are quite ok as they are now... might try with a bit higher
Yeah... Skill increased to 0.8, precision remained 0.4. Let's see how this goes.
skillAI Decreased to 0.75. Sweet spot here we come!
skillAI felt pretty close to natural last time i played with you guys, great job!
(Unless the AI has been changed recently)

It seems to be a pretty fair fight (keeping in mind you are locked in first person view) if players are fighting in ranges within 300 meters, mostly if both parts are not using scopes.

In missions where you have a chance to use scopes it seems that AI tend to be a bit lost if you mantain the distance, not returning fire / scattering around or being poorly accurate. I'm not sure if this will depend on what kind of rifle they are using, their rank or natural skill though.
Interesting observation Blackrose, thanks. Guys, let's keep an eye on that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5