Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CMI Command Improvement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...for-Arma-2

I tried out this addon and it's pretty nice compared to the ARMA quick command menu. This addon basically changes the quick command bar so its easier to command AI and all although it was meant for SP, it should still work in MP and its much more convenient to give radio commands of switching formation, ROE, and such much quicker than going through the old fashion ARMA command bar so I still find it useful even if you're not playing SP or just with AIs.

Use the version 3.0 version for ARMA 2. I used that one on ARMA 3 also and it works.
i dont know why but it seems to me like that would cause friendly fire.
I don't get it but why? It simply just changes the quick command to a better much more friendly interface... not automatic shooting of anything.
I think Viktor is concerned about the player having to point his weapon at the unit in order to invoke the command menu.
You don't have to do that. Just use traditional spacebar or select units via F1 to F12 and all.
Ah cool. The video doesnt show  that. Question since you use it.
Where does the menu pop up  when selected the traditional way?

I like that the name of the unit youre pointed to shows up. In a way I like it more than mk4 hud because you have to "look" at a specific soldier to see his name.
(05-21-2013, 03:27 PM)GG-Viktor Reznov link Wrote: [ -> ]I like that the name of the unit youre pointed to shows up. In a way I like it more than mk4 hud because you have to "look" at a specific soldier to see his name.
For friendly units that are not in your team - mk4 will show you their name only if you point at them.
I wouldn't want that for own-team though, because I rather not aim my weapon at people in my team, and it's more intuitive to just see the name of the unit even if you just turn your head towards it and it's close enough.