Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: FA & CiA Joint Session: [Sun] 06 January 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Comrades of CiA, your comrades from Folk ARPS (FA) once again invite you to a joint session on [Sun] 06 January, 2013!

[size=1.45em]When is it?
19:20 UK (20:20 CET) on Sunday 06 January, 2013.

Which OA server will we use?
The FA ArmA 2: Combined Operations server. Filter for 'Folk' in the public games list (Password: freedom)[/size]

Are any addons allowed, or just vanilla ArmA 2: Combined Operations?
Just vanilla ArmA 2: Combined Operations. You may run client-side addons (STHUD etc.) but not those that might give you a competitive advantage against humans (e.g. mods that allow you to control your view distance). Please, please do NOT connect with such mods.

Note: Please ensure you disable ACE2 and ACRE before connecting.

What kind of missions will we be playing?
A mixture of coop and adversarial missions, and possibly an aiXX type mission (which is like a coop, but the AI side is controlled by a handful of human 'puppetmasters'). We don't plan to play a large/long adversarial.

Which TeamSpeak 3 server will we use?
The FA TeamSpeak 3 server (see: Getting started with TeamSpeak 3 (for ArmA 2) for details).

Okay, sounds good. What do you need me to do?
Please ensure you have configured your TeamSpeak 3 so that you can use Channel Commander appropriately. It would also be great if you are familiar with the FA approach to voice comms. Here are two threads worth reading:
What if I can't make it until after the session start time?
If all goes to plan there will be a lot of players on the server, so please understand if we don't wait for guests that arrive late in the slotting phase. If you arrive late, you'll have to wait until the second mission.

Is anyone expected to survive?
Why do people always ask this question?
Thanks Fer! I can make it. Who will be there?
Me most definitely! You couldn't have chosen a better day to be honest, last coop I will (most likely) be attending for a year! Smile
(12-30-2012, 09:00 PM)Bubba link Wrote: [ -> ]Me most definitely! You couldn't have chosen a better day to be honest, last coop I will (most likely) be attending for a year! Smile

Don't you mean first? :o (2013)
(12-31-2012, 03:05 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]Don't you mean first? :o (2013)

Hahhah! Nope, I will be attending the coop night on Wednesday also! Big Grin  (propably)

Edit: I don't know why, but I constantly say that the (regular) coop night is on wednesday...
Tough I might not make it tonight.
I am in.
I'm in (if my internet doesn't fail me on that day)
I'm in Smile
Girlfriend crisis. Can't join tonight, she didn't like the idea of me spending the last evening with you guys! Big Grin

But See you everyone, Bubba is out. Duty is calling! Big Grin
Thank you to all the CiA folks who came along tonight, and in particular to Variable as our regular liaison. Please feel free to post in the AAR thread on the FA forum, or here and let us know if it's okay to cross-post. Looking forward to seeing you in game again soon! - Fer Smile
Thanks fer, was fun as always!
Bubba, take care buddy, and be patient with the non-arma-veterans you will meet Tongue
Wow...that was quite an experience.
I'm pretty new to Arma and the Coop session. A session with so many players and such a big organisation issue. Pretty impressive.

You guys made a great job in organising it. And even tho you don't knew your Teammembers everything worked together.
The first Mission was pretty nice. I had some orientation issues at the beginning, but then I was in the game. It was intense, you had the feeling that tactics and commands work very smoothly and fine. Especially with this user count we managed to solve the mission very fast, with low casualties.

The second mission was much more difficult. I didn't made it out alive and had to go to bed, so i don't know how it ended. This Mission was great even tho my hole team died at the end, very intense and hard. I was part of Bravo Squad, we made it pretty far but at one position we were decimated  in like 5 minutes. Was a great experience tho.

So thank you for the possibility to join the session and looking forward to do it again. Thumbs up to the organisation!
(01-07-2013, 10:04 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks fer, was fun as always!
Bubba, take care buddy, and be patient with the non-arma-veterans you will meet Tongue

Oh yes, I will try to be patient since not everyone has had such a thorough training in small unit tactics and such! Big Grin
Good luck bubba and have fun. Hear you when I hear you. Smile
Just for information. Here is a video of the hole session from my perspective. Was streaming till i had to go, enjoy.

http://de.twitch.tv/mac_claen/b/354652832
Pages: 1 2