Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: STHud doesn't remove dead players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
At least I think it's STHud as I also use mk4_hud and pradar but I've noticed that when players are killed, their names stay in the group list down the bottom right.

It would be much more useful if this only showed players who were still alive, so is there any way to fix this or another mod that works better in this respect?
Has someone called them dead? Maybe the team leader should just call for everyone to make sure if anyone is dead? (Can't remember the command, but i think it was 5 and 5 in the commands.)
The dead players will stay in the ordinary arma2 leader bar as long as someone denounces them dead.
I noticed this too, and it doesn't sync with the leader bar as it should. Has anybody seen the dead players removed from there?
(11-19-2012, 08:06 AM)Bubba link Wrote: [ -> ]Has someone called them dead? Maybe the team leader should just call for everyone to make sure if anyone is dead? (Can't remember the command, but i think it was 5 and 5 in the commands.)
The dead players will stay in the ordinary arma2 leader bar as long as someone denounces them dead.

I wouldn't know as I've not been leader, so I don't see the leader bar, although even when the leader's been killed I don't think the list updates. Yeah 5-5 is Report Status, we'll see if that helps next time and whether it only works when the leader does it.
Download an older version of STH and it should work. It used to be that if anyone knew about a dead player, he would be removed from the list. (May have been removed even if no-one knew). Now it requires the user to notice this. This might be a bug, or might be an intentional feature, so it doesn't spoil someone died before you actually know about it.

There is also an Arma bug that lets the dead AI remain as leader, even if everyone in the group knowsabout his death. The dead leaders even still gives commands to his group from beyond the grave Tongue
In this situation, there is no way to transfer command to the next player in line.
Thanks but the problem with using an old version is that it won't have support for all the islands that have been added.

I've asked if they could provide a version that removes the names when players die. If the new behaviour is a bug, hopefully they'll fix it but if it's intended perhaps they'll provide a modded version that works how I'd prefer.

Sounds like we should certainly avoid having AI as leader. I know we sometimes struggle to get someone to volunteer to lead but I don't think we've ever got desperate enough to make AI leader Wink
We'll it will happen even if the leader is player (as it mostly is), as long as the AI is enabled. When the player dies, the AI stays alive Tongue
Are you saying that when the human leader dies, the AI takes over and becomes leader, even if there's still other human players alive? Is there no way to stop this, so that the next human player always takes over leader?
I think it's always the next guy in the chain of command who takes the lead. No matter whether it's AI or player.

As far as I know, the only cure is to fill the slots from top down, especially if there are like "useless" riflemen chosen from the bottom. Of course riflemen are needed as much as the other units, but someone should always take atleast the first and the second slots.
OK, I'll bear that in mind and try to not leave the higher slots empty.

You'd think there'd be a way to demote the AI if he does take over and give the leader position to a human player further down the list but maybe not.
(11-21-2012, 03:27 PM)doveman link Wrote: [ -> ]You'd think there'd be a way to demote the AI if he does take over and give the leader position to a human player further down the list but maybe not.

The medicine to that is called 5.56x45 Wink
Dear dear Bubba, are you actually advocating friendly fire  :o
(11-20-2012, 08:40 PM)doveman link Wrote: [ -> ]Are you saying that when the human leader dies, the AI takes over and becomes leader, even if there's still other human players alive? Is there no way to stop this, so that the next human player always takes over leader?

I am saying that due to this bug, sometimes the AI of that dead player still remains in command. Normally the command transfers to the guy with highest rank or seniority, no matter if it is AI or player unit.

In the bug situation there is no way to transfer the command because you can't even kill someone who's already dead Tongue
Oooh. Okay. That makes sense. That doesn't happen with normal command bar though.  :Smile

Doveman, that is a standard procedure to counter said difficulties. Big Grin
(11-21-2012, 05:08 PM)Nouty link Wrote: [ -> ]In the bug situation there is no way to transfer the command because you can't even kill someone who's already dead Tongue

I can give it a good go though Wink
Pages: 1 2