Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: HUD Enhancements And installing mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so after a Broken hard drive, reintalled windows, and now a reinstalled arma2, I'm back!
Between my studies, I Finally got myself  to install the game and now that I'm installing all of the mods, I find myself a bit confused.
There are 3 different HUD enhancing mods on the recommended addons list, if I'm correct?

Pradar
MK4 HUD
Shacktac Fireteam HUD
So it's recommended for me to install all of these? There is no conflict between them?

And now I also stumbled upon one more thing. To get the PRADAR working, should I make an "Addon" folder inside the @PRADAR folder and put the .pbos and .bisings there? And what about the serverkey folder? should the .bikeys always be inside the mod folder in a "keys" folder. Or should I always leave the folders as they are?

Edit: I modified the subject so I don't get spanked anymore. Big Grin
It's up to you which one you use, or use none. Try them out and find which suits you best.

But use only one of them, no need to have them running together since they do same thing. And there may be incompatibilities.

For PRADAR, put files in addon folder, you don't need "bikey" files unless you're running a server, but if you wish put them in keys folder as usual.

Bubba,
First of all, welcome back!

Secondly, my recommendation to you is the MK4 addon. Use that first, see if you like it, and if not check the others. In my opinion it is the addon with the most advantages, and the best balance between aiding you, but not interfering with your immersion.