Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Folk/ARPS, CiA & LDDK Joint Session: [Sun] 25 March 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can confirm, now - unfortunately, I will not be able to die gloriously with you all, today. Have fun storming the castle! Smile

Update: Dang it - back to tentative and trending to in.
Cross-posting from the official Folk forum AAR thread:

Quote:Missions:
  • Greenola (LDDK attacks)
  • Greenola (Folk/ARPS/CiA attacks)
  • Finale SE (the after-party)
Being murderised in the dark by the Finns remains one of my favourite ways to play ArmA, so I have to thank our comrades from LDDK and CiA for another wonderful evening of large-scale confusion and frantic shooting with around 55 guests. Special thanks to comrades Spinoza (LDDK) and Variable (CiA) for helping to organise the event, and to everyone from the LDDK, CiA, ARPS and Folk communities who participated.

:v:

On the Folk/ARPS/CiA side, two special mentions:
  • Comrade Unaco - for preparing a plan earlier in the week that led to our narrow victory over LDDK in the first mission.
  • Comrade Bubba (CiA) - for his heroic destruction of the cache at the Mosque of Death[tm].
A warm welcome, too, to our new guests (including comrade Rawdog, who gracefully accepted the challenge of being CO in Finale SE during the brief after-party). As ever, it was a pleasure to see everyone from all the communities in the session. I hope you enjoyed it and look forward to the next one. Please share any thoughts, feedback, videos or images in this thread.
Well, it's as in good old days...we started in 20:00, seting up mission...waiting for players...making tactics and stuff. So we went playing some 30-40 minutes later. There were some runing and hiding around the map...but eventualy ended up with bullet in a head some 20min. after.

With alot of players around if you get killed at a begining you'r doomed. So it's 21:30 and i'm a bird with most likely few players still alive.

Fer was good and he's o.k. ...leading and taking care of his team mate all a way around, but i'm sure i'll pass these mass coop games...it just dont get along with me i guess.

thx
I slightly Agree. Although it's a nice feeling to be a part of a big fighting force, there is a line where it tends to get a bit boring. in the first mission I shot 7 rounds. All of which were pointed at two enemies 600m away.
(The tactic was nice, nothing wrong with wolfenswans plan!)

Ofcourse the game is about winning, but a bit more foolhardy plan would always spice things up and make the game a bit quicker! Smile
Beginning of the first mission was cool, lot's of guessing where the enemy is and when will it come at us. Silence, waiting, suspense, nice atmosphere. But later on, we didn't see much action. It's not that shooting stuff is necessary for me to have fun, it's just that we (my squad) were usually away from firefights and thus couldn't make a difference.

Strange, I thought we were losing badly against technically and organizationally better opponent just when suddenly turned out that we have won.

Second attempt was too rushed, but that's understandable as everyone lost their patience.
Yeah, in the first mission we ran to the middle of all the defensive positions, I was all the time just waiting for the LDDK to run over us. Big Grin
And in the second one, the people coming from west (DOG) got into contact a lot before us, and by the time our team was almost completely annihilated, I was again certain that the DOG company was just as thin as us.
But after a while more and more chatter started coming trough, after the channels were changed.

But awesome games, I hope that the I44 coop, with less accurate and effective weapons (I guess?), will bring more action to the game! Smile
Pages: 1 2