Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: mk4_hud_info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This addon does numerous things:
- Show unit's number and name for people in your group above their head
- Shows the group's name and person's name if you're looking at someone who's not in your group
- Shows who is sitting where in your vehicle
- Shows who is entering or leaving your vehicle

The addon is feature complete, but still in beta. Known issues are:
- The team colors can be a bit too bright. I need input on the colors or even your preferred color codes.
- The name tags tend to move around a bit when the vehicle you're in banks or pitches alot.

[youtube]8tpZuzSKQsU[/youtube]

Usage:
----------
This addon is tied to the visibility of the command bar, which is usually made visible by pressing the spacebar.

Requirements:
-------------------
Extended Eventhandlers (CBA)

Download:
--------------
Here
Download link is displaying the .PBO in text format instead of downloading the actual file.
(01-08-2012, 05:30 AM)Stoops417 link Wrote: [ -> ]Download link is displaying the .PBO in text format instead of downloading the actual file.

right click on link > save link as...
Hey stoops. Do it like how kenwort says. Also since you used a earlier version of this addon, you no longer need the mk4_hud_core addon for this to work.
(01-08-2012, 02:51 PM)Kenwort link Wrote: [ -> ]right click on link > save link as...

I remember now, I think I have to use IE instead of Firefox since there is no Save As when I right click it currently
I'm using this now and I love it. However, I use it in combination with Blakes PRadar (see other thread here), because he has the awesome name-under-commandbar thingies. However I like the nametags above the players of this addon much more (and they dont go trough walls like blake's do).
So my question is: can you somewhat steal blake's idea (ask him nicely maybe or even collaborate Smile ) and put the names under the command bar too (and only when the player is leader of a group)? Then we would have the perfect all-in-one hud mod!
Well, I was already kinda planning on removing the existing "leader HUD" in arma, and make my own. It would look quite similar to shacktac's ft_hud group list, but just more useful and it would show the selected units as well. Unfortunately I got kinda sidetracked by other addons, like the teamcolors thing and map drawing, but I'll put the list addon on a bit of a higher priority since people do keep asking for it  Wink
I'm in support of rund's request!
Are you planning to release that briefing map drawing tool?
Addon released front page on Armaholic!
Is this an updated version, or just an announcement of the old one?

(03-12-2012, 10:09 PM)rundll.exe link Wrote: [ -> ]Is this an updated version, or just an announcement of the old one?
Just an announcement.
could you add a check to the addon to disable it in adversarials (as for example instantviewdistance does)?
You mean a global variable so you can disable the addon? (I'm not familiar with instant VD)

I can do that, I was planning on polishing a few things anyway in this addon.
as far as I know IVD checks for the variable gameType that's set at the beginning of the description.ext and disables itself if it's anything besides COOP.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Descr...ext#header
But why would you want to prevent the usage of the addon during a pvp? Afaik the addon does make sure to not show a tag or vehicle info when you look at an unfriendly object :

Code:
if ( ((side player) getFriend (side cursorTarget)) > 0.6 ) then

Tbh I'd hate it if I couldn't use my addon in non-coops, but if you can show me a good reason for it then I'll consider it. If however you want to disable the addon on a per mission basis, then here is a way how to:
Code:
mk4_HUD_fDrawTags = {false};

Put that in your init.sqf and it should break my addon.
Pages: 1 2