Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: LDDK, CiA & Folk joint coop (Arma 2 OA vanilla) - December 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hello fighting men of CiA,

the large coop event is now confirmed, December 4th 2011 @21.00 Fin time (20.00 CET). I will name slots for just you guys, please look for -CiA-. Basic infantry, some humvees and trucks for transport, possibly choppers. LDDK will provide armour and airsupport, unless someone from CiA wishes to have a go at these technical gadgets? About mumble, I think we can skip this part, I will group all leaders into one single squad and you can communicate via voip or typing. Does this sound agreeable? You will of course fight alongside your own unit.

The following is a briefing, more detailed orders may follow later. Sorry for possible grammatical errors

Operation Retribution

Basic information:
About two weeks ago several Western cities were devastated by series of explosions. The United states armed forces with co-operation of a small contingent of German KSK troops have been dispatched to Takistan in an effort to locate and eliminate certain individuals believed to be responsible for the attacks. It is also necessary to destroy the Takistani army so it may never again pose a threat to the peace-loving West. Unfortunately the locals have not met us with open arms, as we hoped, but have activelly opposed our movements. The diplomats failed, its up to you now.

Briefing:
This operation will not be easy. The enemy is well informed about our situation and will no doubt do their best to terminate our presence. Expect ambushes, air threats and enemy armour. Enemy surface to air weaponry is particularly effective and abundant. The local militia has taken up arms and is trying to slow down our advance to the north so be on the lookout for these people. We have secured some area around the airfield but once you leave the blue rectangular you are entering enemy territory. The time is 06.20 hours local time. Good luck!

Missions:
-Find a eliminate the local warlord.
-Locate Takistani army SCUD launcher and destroy it.
-Eliminate the Takistani colonel Aziz.
-The Takistani army has a supply base in Garmsar, destroy the base and everything in it.
-If possible, destroy all enemy presence at the enemy airfield but this is not a priority mission (optional).

Equipment and support:
The allied factions have been assigned vehicles and are located at starting points of respective faction. In addition to vehicles, ammo and weaponboxes are also available at starting points.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7489/retriw.jpg

(12-02-2011, 04:42 PM)fer link Wrote:CiA players connect to Folk TS (CiA channel):

Teamspeak 3
Address: server.herosquad.org:9988
Password: freedom

I have also created a new channel - CiA - as a sub-channel of the main Folk channel. If you read our instructions for using TeamSpeak 3 you'll find details of how to enable and use Channel Commander. If the CiA players use the Folk > CiA sub-channel and Folk uses the Folk > Channel 1 sub-channel, we should be able to communicate via Channel commander.
(11-14-2011, 12:59 PM)Spinoza link Wrote: [ -> ]Hello fighting men of CiA,

the large coop event is now confirmed, December 4th 2011 @21.00 Fin time. I will name slots for just you guys, please look for -CiA-. Basic infantry, some humvees and trucks for transport, possibly choppers. LDDK will provide armour and airsupport, unless someone from CiA wishes to have a go at these technical gadgets? About mumble, I think we can skip this part, I will group all leaders into one single squad and you can communicate via voip or typing. Does this sound agreeable? You will of course fight alongside your own unit.

Sounds great! Guys, can you please confirm attendance for December 4th? I might be abroad... Spinoza, can you please keep a slot for us in a Gunship? Will appreciate that...
I should be able to make it, but it's a busy weekend, so no promises
Count me in.
I'm almost always playing on Sundays, ergo, will be there. And I wouldn't wanna miss joint coop either.
(11-14-2011, 05:42 PM)Misha link Wrote: [ -> ]ergo
You made me look up a word Wink
Slot me in for some Close Air Support if possible.  I'll be there for sure!
Variable: With gunship you mean Huey? And I assume you boys want your own chopper maned by CiA? That can be arranged.

Stoops417: Not sure what CAS the USMC has, can only think of Harrier or cobra. Unless of course USAF makes a surprise visit to the front with their A10´s Smile
(11-15-2011, 12:12 PM)Spinoza link Wrote: [ -> ]Variable: With gunship you mean Huey? And I assume you boys want your own chopper maned by CiA? That can be arranged.

Stoops417: Not sure what CAS the USMC has, can only think of Harrier or cobra. Unless of course USAF makes a surprise visit to the front with their A10´s Smile

Hey Spinoza. I didn't mean a chopper dedicated to CiA.
If you have a Cobra or Harrier in your mission, it seems like stoops will be glad to man it.
Disussion about next joint coop with LDDK is split into new topic.
(11-23-2011, 01:48 PM)Misha link Wrote:Disussion about next joint coop with LDDK is split into new topic.

Nice but you got the date wrong, its the 4th of December, not the 5th.
I have decided to make you guys Germans Tongue I have more info for you.

Operation Retribution (Takistan)
US Army, USMC, Germany

I decided to put you guys as germans for the simple fact that you prefer recon, am I correct? Also the other squads will provide larger playernumbers (I hope) so they can man vehicles and such in addition to the basic infantry.

Variable, will you take charge of the german contingent? Also would you be wiling to share your TS with guests that have been assigned the german role?

This is how the leadership structure looks at the moment:

Colonel Broileri, US Army & LDDK
Major NN, USMC
Stabsunteroffizier NN, BW (Variable & CiA?)

These 3 leaders will form their own group and communicate via VOIP or typing. All 3 will fight alongside their respective group.
I don't mind being German, but I hate those G36's which seem to be their default weapon in Arma 2.  Tongue

Yeah, I feel recon role would be right thing for us.
And a chopper.
(11-26-2011, 11:42 AM)Spinoza link Wrote:Variable, will you take charge of the german contingent? Also would you be wiling to share your TS with guests that have been assigned the german role?
Unfortunately, right now I am planned be work abroad on Sunday. This might change but it's safer to choose another to lead CiA. Who will step in to take the lead?
OK, since Variable is likely to be absent I can coordinate whatever needs coordinating till the joint coop.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7