Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: mk4_nvAdjust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys. I made a little addon with which you can adjust the night vision brightness. I first saw a feature like this in ACE, and many people have loved it ever since, but me and numerous other people always missed it while playing vanilla ArmA.

The addon is easy to use. If you want ArmA to handle the NV sensitivity for you, nothing will change for you since the default/start mode is "Automatic" mode. If ArmA's handling of the NV sensitivity is making you freak out (HDR hell), you can enter manual mode. You can also easily go from manual mode to automatic mode again by going all the way down on the sensitivity.

Here's  a video that shows how it works:
[youtube]EfcF3XuHAOs[/youtube]

Right now the addon is still a beta, and needs testing, but so far I haven't noticed any bugs. Props to hund and variable for their input regarding key choice and control placement.

Control keys:
----------------
Increase sensitivity: Shift + Page-up
Decrease sensitivity: Shift + Page-down

Requirements:
------------------
Extended Eventhandlers (CBA)

Download:
-------------
Here
Updated to last version. Changes are:
- Freshened up the UI
- Improved the steps of brightness
Thanks mike, I'll update it.
Any news about the improved command panel add-on you told me about?
Posted front page on Armaholic! Smile
Mike, do you think there might be a conflict between this and GDT Mod HDR?
Short answer, I don't know because I haven't tried it out.

Both addons do the same, and use the same command (setAperture), but someone would only use the GDT mod during the day and my addon during the night. So considering a lack of overlapping usage I'd predict you wouldn't notice a thing.