Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Panthera Island - Quite nice one!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7467

I found this Island a lot better than any of the arma 2 default islands. (not too hard to accomplish.. eh?)
I find the terrain a lot more like in the real life (Lots of places hard to go on a vehicle)
Nice balance between desert and forests. This map reminds me of the AA maps. And the desert mixed with forest is    quite nice environment to launch missions on.

I have no idea of the amount of missions made for this island.
Hola,

just fiddled around and glued up a quick mission with good replay value. My intention was to make a quick mission for this island (which looks really interesting) and develop my "Combat Template" which contains some ambient battle sounds, sandstorm effect and artillery, which may track you as you move on. Should give you a few minutes of fun, at least it gave it to me :-).

Especially when you watch the vid i took, as i saw the guys right behind the corners  ;D, yeeek, reverse!

Download link for vid (low Qualitiy 13MB):
video

Download link for Mission (saved as MP mission, although i dont know if it will work on a server...):
Missionfile

only Pathera should be needed as addon, no more.

Hope it works

Tony

Damm cheater, you play with AIs  >Sad

Joke aside, island looks nice. Is it in common use? Is it possible to get a handful missions (no-addon/ACE)? Anything you want on server?
Nope, i guess its nothing for the server, just for fun. As i see it, there are only a few missions out there. Just for playing around i guess. Maybe someone can host sometime a geme for one night, thats it...
And I'm getting this weird bug, where I can see Shadows of the whole structure of some buildings cast on the ground as shadows. It is just a minor nuisance and nobody else seemed to be suffering from it. It happens only on this map... let's google