Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Fallujah island
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

It would be nice that CiA have a look to Fallujah island and really think about adding in the CiA addon pack. Overall there's not enough "town fight" missions in huge urban environment on CiA server and IMHO it would fit perfectly the CiA game style (coop, moving in formation, coms...) and even better it would perfect it.

This island has been allready tested on dedicated server environment by multiple serious clans and is known to be reliable, performance friendly and AI friendly.

Moreover, it is avaible via six updater like all your needed addons and it is a good point for easy join by new players.

I really  hope it will be part of your addon pack in the future.

Download link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=123...t=FALLUJAH

Tactical Fallujah vid: [url=
We already had someone posting about this and as far as I remember everyone who checked it out fell in love with it.

So I'm in! And I think this requires the movement addon someone posted here, or it will be way too frustrating.

And also I believe that I have one of the weakest rigs in this team and I ran it perfectly with view distance of 2km and ~normal settings, Which took me by surprise.
I don't get all the hyping about Fallujah island - what exactly is so great about it?

We already have vast urban areas and missions for Zargabad, to use tactics, more than enough houses to search. And unfortunately, also to realize how badly those close quarters fights fit into Arma2 in general - mainly due to jerky character movement and weird enemy AI behaviour.

In my opinion, in PvP games this kind of islands might have slightly more value.

The latest one we added on server, Thirsk, had already big bunch of (quality) missions to play with. That if anything would be important criteria for picking new islands.
(06-21-2011, 10:33 AM)Osku link Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get all the hyping about Fallujah island - what exactly is so great about it?

We already have vast urban areas and missions for Zargabad, to use tactics, more than enough houses to search. And unfortunately, also to realize how badly those close quarters fights fit into Arma2 in general - mainly due to jerky character movement and weird enemy AI behaviour.

In my opinion, in PvP games this kind of islands might have slightly more value.

The latest one we added on server, Thirsk, had already big bunch of (quality) missions to play with. That if anything would be important criteria for picking new islands.
I'm with Osku on this one. Moreover, are there enough coop missions out there that require it (and not require addons that we don't use)?
Quote:Changelog:
v1.2
•Fixed support for ArmA2 Vanilla (no OA)
How can that be??

Is buildings enterable? Or mostly non-enterable?
Would be great with more enterable buildings in AA2 all over, was one of the great things about OFP.
(OT: and less killer rocks)
(06-21-2011, 05:51 PM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]Would be great with more enterable buildings in AA2 all over, was one of the great things about OFP.

Please don't say OFP had lots of enterable buildings... Wink
Actually Arrowhead islands have most doors open (think of warehouses, apartment huts).
Yeah right, houses in towns are rearly enterable, just a few (I don't count the mud-piles on Takistan as houses). AA2 have the same ratio enterable/non-enterable houses as OFP, just the oposite way Sad