Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Fireteam HUD (STHUD)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

I found a very usefull client addon ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD)

I am too lazy to explain what it is so here the description from Armaholic:
Quote:Description:
The ShackTac Fireteam HUD was designed to do the following:

- Provide situational awareness on where your fireteam members are and what their orientation is. This is intended to represent both peripheral vision, as well as the extended awareness one has in reality. You only see your fireteam members relative to you - no terrain, no other players/units.
  - Give you an always-visible way of seeing who your team members are

How it works:
The current incarnation works as follows. As long as you are in a group, and not inside of a vehicle, you will see the Fireteam HUD displaying at the bottom-center of your screen. There are three circles - the first one indicates a range of 15m, next is 30m, last is 45m. We've tried a few different scaling sizes, and have settled on this one for the present time.

The current group leader will display as a white icon. If you are not the group leader, you will display as a yellow icon. Other team members will show as green icons. Medics/Corpsmen and leaders will show with special icons.

Note that the appearance of someone's marker, or their name, does not necessarily mean that they are alive - it works off of the same logic used in normal ArmA group handling, so if you have a dead team member, you will need to "know" about them (ie, right-click while looking at their body) to have them removed from the list. When you die, the HUD will automatically close.

cya.

Nikiller.
I've been using this for few weeks since I saw it on Pulv's youtube video. It's really useful, removes the need for double-tapping Esc all the time. Only works only to about 50m distance so it's not an all-seeing eye. It  gives permanent list of team members in numerical order, their names plus icons for each who has special role like squad leader, medic, machinegunner, etc. Good thing is also that it does not remove the names from the list if one dies. So no spoilers there.

It might be considered as "cheating" just like default the Arma2 offering double-tapping Esc or shift-clicking on map, which I normally despise and feel guilty for using em. But I still don't believe dumping down all visual aids would automatically result in better realism. We can't use our vision and hearing to its full power in a video game, like we could in real life environment. e.g. sensing when someone is next to you or when moving away. In my opinion, this addon gives a good substitute for lack of those abilities without making the game look noobish with screen full of pointers and markers.

The author said it well here: "This is intended to represent both peripheral vision, as well as the extended awareness one has in reality."

I'll give it a try; might be useful showing which of you ain't in formation  ;D
hi,

(05-27-2011, 07:12 PM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]I'll give it a try; might be useful showing which of you ain't in formation  ;D

LOL yea that was exactly the thing I was thinking about  Wink

cya.

Nikiller.
It's worth mentioning that this addon need CBA to work correctly.
hi,

New version avaible (v05/28/2011).

LINK

Also avaible via six updater.

cya.

Nikiller.