Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: My favourite SP campaigns and missions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My favorite SP missions and campaigns

Campaigns:
Bastard squad:
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=111605
This campaign has amazing scripting, like driving a car and dodging exploding buses all around you, including timing your driving to drive beneath a truck blowing up to the air.

Ante Portas:
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13041
Though I'm only in the second mission this seems to be a very well structured SF campaign,

Operation Cobalt:
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9010
Nice campaign, very recommended. You play in different roles.

EW:
an official BI campaign. Short one, but absolutely great atmosphere!

SP missions:
Ghosts of namalsk
Guerrilla radio
Hearts and minds
Morning heat
Mountain warriors
Operation broken wings
Operation steel garden
Two man job
Operation free willy

That's it in the meantime, I have some more by now, so if you will show interest I will update this list.
I'm aware there are lots of good quality campaigns, but I'm myself pretty lazy playing ArmA2 in singleplayer.. I'm already satisfied just to get the default campaigns barely done.

Of the BIS campaigns, I fully agree that Eagle Wing is awesome. Probably the best they've ever made after OFP/CWC.

I have also tried Bastard Squad that you listed too. It was very entertaining but after a few missions it flipped out because of my mile-long SP addons list (much due to Group Link 4), and I abandoned it.

btw. didn't Zipper5 just release sequel for the Operation Cobalt? Have you tried that yet?

And Ghosts Of Namalsk sounds interesting. I absolutely love that island. That's ACE2 mission, right?
(05-14-2011, 11:34 AM)Osku link Wrote:btw. didn't Zipper5 just release sequel for the Operation Cobalt? Have you tried that yet?

And Ghosts Of Namalsk sounds interesting. I absolutely love that island. That's ACE2 mission, right?

Yes to both questions. Zipper5 released a couple of days ago his second campaign - "Blood on the Sand". Take a look on the credits list, I did voice acting to Colonel Aziz hehe Smile. Unfortunately, he couldn't get enough voice actors so at the end he didn't use voices at all.
Namalsk is an amazing island. A new campaign was released by its creator "Namalsk crysis" which I just started playing and looks very good. It's got a very promising trailer:
WTF was that monster in the trailer?!?!

Variable double post!! Tongue
(05-14-2011, 07:04 PM)Bubba link Wrote:WTF was that monster in the trailer?!?!
Well, this is a stalker campaign. The backround tells about a company who reveals an alien artifact on Namalsk that goes bersek. I guess one of the outcomes is those mutants... Anyway, the game is concentrated on the Americans and the Russians fighting that company and trying to contain the outbreak.

(05-14-2011, 07:04 PM)Bubba link Wrote:Variable double post!! Tongue

I don't know what you are talking about Wink
Just finished Blood on the Sand campaign. It's awesome, maybe the best user made campaign thus far.

I also recommend to try Bardosy's campaigns. Chesty Puller is excellent, and Operation Mighty Justice is almost as good.

I have tried Bastard Squad but it is too much arcadish, and Arma 2 engine isn't suited for that kind of gameplay. But I admit that campaign utilizes bullet-time effect really well.

Just started Namalsk Crisis. As expected, it's atmospheric and "Stalkerish". It makes you hooked on a story, wondering what will come next.

(05-14-2011, 11:58 AM)Variable link Wrote:A new campaign was released by its creator "Namalsk crysis" which I just started playing and looks very good. It's got a very promising trailer: . I wonder if this some kind of facelift? Anyway, it was great campaign.

Damn, there are almost too many good SP campaigns/missions yet to be played...  Smile
(05-14-2011, 11:58 AM)Variable link Wrote:A new campaign was released by its creator "Namalsk crysis" which I just started playing and looks very good. It's got a very promising trailer: . I wonder if this is some kind of facelift? Anyway, it was great campaign.

Damn, there are almost too many good SP campaigns/missions yet to be played...  Smile
The most memorable moment of Two Man Job was flanking the second objective to the south while the lights of the patrolling NPC were sweeping the forest from the distance and encountering a position with two snipers. I haven't seen them at all as it was O'Hara who detected them very close so I ordered him to go prone and take the first one out. Then I continued crawling forward and suddenly I've managed to see a silhouette of a sniper just 4 meters in front of me. Even though the sniper was standing his camo totally managed to mix him with a grassy hill behind when looking through NVGs. He started turning towards me but I've managed to shoot him in the head at the last moment. Then I've noticed his dead buddy right next to me.

These moments is why I still play the game in SP too.
(07-04-2011, 04:42 AM)MCraze link Wrote:These moments is why I still play the game in SP too.
Smile nice spoken MCraze.
hi,

For me, best campaign are made from Sick1, Seal Six Team Campaigns and Delta Force
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=115...ight=SICK1

Namalsk too was a big work from editor, with special atmopshere, fx and sound.
(03-14-2012, 10:11 PM)zeufman link Wrote:hi,

For me, best campaign are made from Sick1, Seal Six Team Campaigns and Delta Force
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=115...ight=SICK1

Namalsk too was a big work from editor, with special atmopshere, fx and sound.
Sick1's campaigns felt a bit unrealistic-all american fantasy-a bit childish to me. Which one on Namalsk you refer to zeufman?
Lion of Sakhe is just great! Smile
I've just finished the Mighty Justice campaign from Bardosy. I liked it, but I liked Chesty Puller more. The missions are very nicely done, though the text is full of errors and they're too cheesy for my taste. But both campaign are very nice. I like his work, because it reminds me the clarity of OFP missions. I didn't really like the Arma2 campaigns tbh. Freeform, but I had to play them a couple times to get the hang of what should I actually do.

The Lopotev mission is okay in theory, but in practice it's a pain to finish. I abandoned the Arrowhead campaign, when I reached that mine detonating mission. I found it ridiculous. IMO you absolutely don't have a chance to finish it in the first run.

Now I'll play Pirog and then Bardosy's work is checked Smile

There is too much stuff to play: Op. Cobalt, Ghost Recon, Namalsk, not to speak about single missions... I hope Arma3 won't be soon Big Grin
Didn't want to make a new thread. Some of you might find this one interesting:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/14/mod-of...or-arma-3/

Pages: 1 2