Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: stunning map
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hola, just wanted to mention a stunning map:

[Image: FallCity_01.jpg]

I didnt think, that you could make such a big city map with a good framerate (at least for me it works great!)

Link for download:
Fallujah 1.1 http://arma2base.de/include.php?path=dow...entid=2777 from Shezan74.

Would be ccol to see some missions on that one! I fiddled around a bit and it really gives good thrills for me. Especially when you use some custom ambient sounds and DAC scrpit :-)

Check our download section for downloading a mission for fallujah city!

http://www.ciahome.net/index.php?option=...ry&catid=3
Looks like a good place to set up an ambush  "I'm at the left corner" Smile
indeed it gives great situations in close combat and nice surprises when the enemy comes lurking around a corner ;-).
Just for Action/fun:
Whoever wants, can download the mission i just play for fun. It´s not a nice piece, rather rough alpha state with lots of minor errors, but it already rocks for action ;-).

Try to fight you way from the insertion point to the Norhtern Highway point marked on map. I never really made it so far...

Some needed Addons (fast Rope Insertion and DAC) are include in the download (besides the Island of course). Would be interested if it is only me or someone else besides me thinks too that it its rocknroll... I love this "Island" :-)

www.maxcad.de/ofp/mf.zip
I've been asking many times at the coop nights that are there any missions on zargabad. Mainly because I'm such a CQB enthusiast! Big Grin (WINK WINK Zandhaas!! Big Grin) Mainly because they truly require very tight teamwork, for covering every corner and looking at all directions! (And partly because I just read "black hawk down" [amazing book BTW]  And I got so into it that after reading it I've trying to make CQB mission on my own!!) So I'd love to finally get some real team action!
Just hoping the map is not too much for my computer! need to test ->

Ps. And it seems that buildings have been taken from Arma1 to keep framerates better!

PPS. OH MY GOD! Even my poor old computer was able to run the city as good as any other map!! But one thing I noticed was that There are huge differences in how buildings come down and do they eve ncome down! One big grey building was completely destroye after two sets of hydras and some buldings didn't come down even after like 20 S-5 (the Mi's rockets)!!

Zandhaas

Please do continue work on your missions, the more scenario's available the better.  There are some Zargabad missions under construction for use with BAF, they are not yet finished though.

---

Building destruction is defined in the config for those items. Some buildings are invulnerable, for example the big concrete silo's dominating Chernogorsk. In the initial release they could be destroyed, but this resulted in some funny side effects as this could leave odd bits of piping floating in the air. They were subsequently made invulnerable, like the churches in OFP.

Regards,

Sander
Yes I understand that big sturdy buildings like the silo are invulnerable. but some buildings like block of flats that pretty much differ only in colour are destroyed with two hydras and others can't be destroyed at all!. And yes it will not propably cause any major changes\difficulties in mission making or while playing them but still it is quite annoying some times when you dont know which of them can be destroyed!

And I dont know have there ever been missions where one of the players need to be pilot and for example give CAS missions or something? And yes there are two things I love in games. Flying and CQB Big Grin
Will ya stop muttering about some crappie buildings in my lovely fallusha map post pronto?

I dont want to blow up all this buildings anyways, better use of them for cover when they are whole ;-).

Seriously, i think its mor important, that my rig can take this huge map easily without getting the cpu smoked down. I never thought such a ammount of buildings is even near to be managed by arma. Zagrabad is not even close to the city-felling falludsha gives you.

I didnt really count, but it feels its just about the tenth of size from falludsha... If i could manage it properly, i would make a vid with some sound, just to get you stopped from hurting houses ;-).
When you prove your point with some missions in Fallujah I'll stop whining! Big Grin

Ps. Ruined cities are quite beautiful! Tongue
Hola,

i guess i already did with my map (ye already gave it a shot?). At least my eyes are ging wet every time i play this map, but maybe its only because i could make it work so far....

But you are damn right, theres noting against the feeling like in the "End of World" mission of EW campaign. Thats why i implemented the color adjustments and the dust and wind of this mission. I think it gives plenty of feelings. As i played the pmc campaign (at least the first couple of missions) yesterday, i have to say Zargabad feels good with that ruined status aswell ;-).

Lets see what setdammage will do in the falludjah mission, yehaa kabloooeyhhh.....
Hola,

there is a new verison out. I reworked my Testmission so it is going to be something like a real mission ;-). I will repost it, as soon i could manage to figure out the Briefing ;-)...

And damn bots are not going to screw up my Thread *insert MG smiley here*!

Grretz

Tony

LOL Tony, that's the way to do it Smile
Hola,

new version of island realeased, aswell as new version of my mission. Now the mission comes more like a "real" mssion, not like a test version ;-). It´s called Operation Orion and of course its for Fallujah Island ;-). Your Task is to reach and hold an enemy strongpoint to make a path open into the town for reinforcements.

I still want to improve some things, but i changed many things due to better gameplay. Fast Rope Addon is not needed anymore, but DAC still is (it rocks my world ;-)  ). When i got more time, i will add penalty for shooting civies (dont works on this version) and add some voice for Radio. I am still curious, if anyone can finish this just on regular level :-).

see download on our Download section.

cheers

Tony

New Version of the mission is out (added some voice). Should be quite playable now ;-).

Only Fallujah and DAC is needed.

I stuffed the mission in our brand new Download section :-).

Lobanak found a module which has a clearer layout. Dont miss it ;-). Feel free to load up your favorite Missions...
new verison of the fallujah mission is out (added some voice).

Check out out download section for download!

The mission is quite plyable now, enjoy :-)!

Tony

Pages: 1 2