Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Folk/ARPS & CiA Joint Session: [Sun] 30 September 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comrades of CiA, your comrades from Folk/ARPS once again invite you to a joint session on [Sun] 30 September!

When is it?
19:20 UK (20:20 CET) on Sunday 30 September, 2012.

Which OA server will we use?
The Folk ArmA2: Combined Operations server. Filter for 'Folk' in the public games list (Password: freedom)

Are any addons allowed, or just vanilla ArmA 2: Combined Operations?
Just vanilla ArmA 2: Combined Operations. You may run client-side addons (STHUD etc.) but not those that might give you a competitive advantage against humans (e.g. mods that allow you to control your view distance). Please, please do NOT connect with such mods.

Note: Please ensure you disable ACE2 and ACRE before connecting.

What kind of missions will we be playing?
A mixture of coop and adversarial missions, and possibly an aiXX type mission (which is like a coop, but the AI side is controlled by a handful of human 'puppetmasters').

Which TeamSpeak 3 server will we use?
The Folk one (see: Getting started with TeamSpeak 3 (for ArmA2) for details).

Okay, sounds good. What do you need me to do?
Please ensure you have configured your TeamSpeak so that you can use Channel Commander appropriately. It would also be great if you are familiar with the Folk approach to voice comms. Here are two threads worth reading:

What if I can't make it until after the session start time?
If all goes to plan there will be a lot of players on the server, so please understand if we don't wait for guests that arrive late in the slotting phase. If you arrive late, you'll have to wait until the second mission.

Is anyone expected to survive?
Why do people always ask this question?
Thanks for the invite fer!
Guys, although the short notice please indicate your will and availability to participate the joint op on Sunday.
I'm quite sure I can make it this time, looking forward to it!
Yeah, I believe I will be on time for the first time in months. We had some cool "joints" earlier so I'm eager to play.
I'd like to join but can't promise anything due to real life activities...
Goddamnit... You had to settle just for the weekend when I'm on holiday trip... I'm expecting another joint coop night soon though.. SOON!
Gone over the information provided, Looks good cant wait. Count me in !

EDIT : Will not be available today things have popped up apologies in advance.

Regards Gary.

Why don't I see anyone telling how it went?! Smile I've waited for joint coops and couldn't join this time. Are there any videos on youtube taken by any of the sides?
Apologies, I meant to cross-post this from the official AAR thread in the Folk forum (CiA folks are very welcome to post there too):

Quote:Missions:
  • Arrival SE
  • Feruzablues
  • Internecine II
  • Cholo
Another classic joint session with our old friends, CiA, saw a combined player-count that peaked beyond 50 play through the epic coops Arrival SE and Feruzablues (in a dangerously effective manner), before getting down to the business of killing each other in the adversarials Internecine II and Cholo (the latter being a strangely silent affair for a mission in which drug-crazed gang-bangers assault a police station, but perhaps it was just because comrade IceRaiser was away; in rehab).

Huge thank you to everyone who came along tonight, especially our guests from CiA, and special mention to comrade Variable for being our organisational contact at CiA. It's always been superb fighting alongside you guys, and I hope we'll get to do this again very soon.

Please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here (PM me for details of Folk YouTube channel). It's really helpful to the hosts to have as much feedback, recollections and media as possible. Thank you.

:v: