Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: FDF Mod 1.0 for Arma!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: thumb_fdf.jpg]

FDF Mod 1.0 for Armed Assault
-----------------------
- FDF Rapid Deployment Force Soldiers with several variations
- FDF Special Jaegers with several variations
- Sisu XA-360 (Patria AMV)
- Landrover Defender
- Completely new Podaga island
- All Armed Assault sounds replaced
- 8 new Finnish radio voice profiles
- King's Gamble single-player campaign
- Multi-player missions

For more info, links and download, check: http://www.fdfmod.org/

Time to clean the dust off my Arma dvd. 8)
Did you try it out? If so, how was it?
It's what you can expect from the FDF crew... solid. It doesn't change the gameplay at all (afaik) so Arma still sucks with FDF 1.0. The campaign starts very nicely and as a Finn reservist I got a very atmospheric army feeling at the start. But again the "Arma is no OFP" gameplay ruins it effectively when the fighting gets more intense. (= I'm not used to ArmA at all).

Campaign is set on Sahrani (start at least) and I couldn't load the praised new island without ArmA crashing to desktop with no error msg, so can't comment on that.
Tried the campaign a bit. it's well made but didn't get me really into the mood. We should check the supposed to be supplied MP mission to see if FDF mod release should get us back into playing ArmA...
As I understand it this release only contains unit addons without the fancy stuff you know from Ofp like crew served weapons, rucksacks etc.
So as Lenin already said there shouldn't be much improvement (if any) in terms of gameplay.
Lenin, maybe you crashed because you don't have Queens Gambit addon? On Arma.info it said QG is required (which sucks)...
No, it crashed because I forgot to install part_2.exe. :-[

I hope that QG is only required for the campaign, as it involves those mercenaries. (I have it)

And as for the island, I think it is worth it alone to get this! Not to forget the fact that there will be plenty of coop missions made for Podaga.