Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: OFP : How to install WGL Compass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is how I installed it, and it works:
[move]WARNING: DO NOT TRY THIS IF YOU NOT ARE 110% SURE WHAT YOU ARE DOING![/move]

Extrakt kompass.zip to your desktop, you will now have a folder named kompas on desktop.
Make a folder named HWTL in it.

Copy data.pbo and data3d.pbo in OFP\DTA directory to your kompas dir
Copy data.pbo and data3d.pbo in OFP\DTA\HWTL directory to kompas\HWTL

Run install.bat in kompas directory
wait...

Rename data.pbo and data3d.pbo in OFP\DTA directory to e.g data.org and data3d.org
Rename data.pbo and data3d.pbo in OFP\DTA\HWTL directory to e.g data.org and data3d.org
This is your orginal files, if you lose them you might need reinstall OFP

Copy data.pbo and data3d.pbo in your kompas dir to OFP\DTA directory
Copy data.pbo and data3d.pbo in your kompas DTA\HWTL dir directory to OFP\HWTL

You should now have a new compass in OFP
-You can put em in finmod/dta/hwtl/ if you don't want to replace the original files, or your hisky folder. However, only one instance of the files can be used so this won't work:

mod=kompass;hisky

You have to alter the data.pbo and data3d.pbo of the hisky to use them together.

-You only need the hwtl/ versions of data.pbo and data3d.pbo if you use hwtl mode (set via flashpointpreferences.exe).
Lo Pulverizer, long time no see Smile
I altered the original files because I find this compass better in most situations. The only drawbacks is that this compass is slightly bigger (on screen) and quite often I play against ppl who use the standars compass Wink
Here's a easy way to install:
http://euro-net.pl/~faguss/files/Installer.exe

Replace original files. Requires only 100MB.

Make

I did everthing as guided, still no chance to work. There were others having same problem indeed.

>Sad
Did the files you copied change size? Or did you get any error messages? Would be easier to help if we got some technical information too?
The problem is that you are altering the original dta/hwtl/ files, while you should change the ones in res/dta/hwtl/

Only the data.pbo and data3d.pbo in res/dta/hwtl/ are used when you play Resistance. OFPR activates the res/ "mod folder" which overrides many of the files in the original folders.

And of course, any sub-sequent mod folder that has dta/ also overrides the ones in res/dta/. Like a hisky folder.

Make

Thanks Pulve! I knew you would know it  8)