Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: OFP : Sputnik's Modification for the BIS Units and Weapons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To have more fun playing no-addons missions on the server we use a modification on behalf of [CiA]Sputnik Monroe that changes the graphics of the regular BIS units to those of the Laser and RHS units (regular west soldiers, regular east soldiers, black ops, speznaz, pilots of both sides and more). The weapons are changed too to a much better looking models (only the graphics are changed). The modifications are client side only, and are activated by a seperate mod folder and a shortcut parameter.

With this modification any classic mission feels like a high quality addons mission Smile

Here's the file!

Make sure to read the install instructions in the readme file!

Example pictures:

Modified Black ops (night outfit)
[Image: dxdshot1185403937oy6.jpg]

Modified Speznatz
[Image: dxdshot1186602990aj7.jpg]

Modified XMS (M4 with Aimpoint)
[Image: dxdshot1180566223lz4.jpg]

Modified West soldiers
[Image: dxdshot1180558376lh9.jpg]

Modified West Sniper and a Modified M16
[Image: dxdshot1180447700gi6.jpg]
  I also might note that it replaces the Finmod Russian Federation soldiers with RHS ones as well. It also replaces the desert US soldiers in the FDF desert pack with Laser's US army Rangers 1993 in desert camo. About the only Russians that aren't replaced are the winter and desert ones.
Quick question:

Anyone know do I put the @cccp/addons files

into

finmod/addons folder?

Then:

STEP 1: Drop the "FDF_conf.pbo" and the "FDF_al_Maldajah_c.pbo" in your finmod\addons folder and allow them to overwrite.

STEP 2: drop the "config.cpp" and "resource.cpp" files into your "finmod\bin folder and allow to overwrite.

This should work. Enjoy the Russian and US soldiers created by the legendary modeler know as Laser.
I don't think that the @cccp folder should go into finmod folder. As far as I remember it goes into OFP root directory.
This reminds me that I need to install this pack as well... It's great.
Then that means you also need to add @cccp in your shortcut?

Edit:
I just copied all the cccp files into the finmod/addons dir and it seems to work fine.
(12-09-2009, 05:59 PM)Marto link Wrote: [ -> ]Then that means you also need to add @cccp in your shortcut?

Edit:
I just copied all the cccp files into the finmod/addons dir and it seems to work fine.

Yes, it is handled like a separate mod. You might want to move the @cccp folder to your root directory and edit your shortcut anyway to avoid problems...
I wish you would of use Hyk 2.05 woodland troops for main us infantry instead of laser rangers  Sad